Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When to join beer sites/apps

Brewery in planning,

How long before you were up and running did you claim or create your brewery on sites like Beer Advocate or Untappd? Is it better to wait until right before you open, or do it well in advance just to make sure your name is out there?

Thanks for any input.

Probably should do it before people start drinking your beers. Claiming the names prior can help you in trademark conflicts, but don't go a very long way. (My 2ยข)
    --Dean Brundage
    Owner / Unscrambler of Eggs
    Blake's Steaks Sandwich Shop
    (650) 823-3389

Comment

Yes and no... Without filing an Intent To Use for that brand, an Untappd listing for a brewery that isn't yet licensed, and a beer that is not yet in production, is worth as much as the homebrewers who put their beers' names up on there. BUT it does give a sort of non-binding-and-completely-ignorable notice out there that you plan on taking that name, which, who knows, some brewery out there might respect.

Plus when you do finally open, ham-fingered drunkards won't create incorrect entries for your beers since you'll have already made them. (Just kidding, yes they will.) Welcome to the super fun nightmare that is beer social media apps!
      Russell Everett
      Co-Founder / Head Brewer
      Bainbridge Island Brewing
      Bainbridge Island, WA

Comment

I would absolutely recommend it. A client of mine is in the process of opening his brewery and in the interim he is attending festivals and marketing his brand. Untapped has be a huge factor thus far.

Any marketing is better than no marketing, right?

Cheers!
        Elaine Rodriguez

Comment

Originally posted by finecreek View Post
          Brewery in planning,

How long before you were up and running did you claim or create your brewery on sites like Beer Advocate or Untappd? Is it better to wait until right before you open, or do it well in advance just to make sure your name is out there?

Thanks for any input.
          Don't use untapped, they charge what justbeerapp.com is doing for free, and JustBeer's data is clean data. Send me a message and I will get you more information. lee.borschowa@mobilityquotient.com

Comment

Working...
          X