Blending Radler/Shandy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blending Radler/Shandy?

Ok, so we're making a Radler/Shandy, depending on what you call it. My question is blending and stability and PH. We have brewed 100 Litres (roughly 26 gallons) of lager at 6% and hopped it to about 18-20 IBU's. We plan on cutting this in half with scratch made lemonade. So the resulting product would assume to be 3% abv. and 10 IBU's once blended with the lemonade. We obviously need some sort of sweetness to the lemonade so that everything is in balance, but I worry slightly about refermentation or the effect of a change in PH (though this will be added after fermentation is complete). We are force carbonating with a stone in-line with our kegs and filtration system and I have the ability to nominal filter down to 0.1 microns and also have potassium sorbate at my disposal, should this be enough? Should I even need to do this? Anybody have any experience with this? Or any good ideas of how to do it?

serving draft on-premise?

Are you serving this on-premise or trying to keg a product and sell it as draft for other accounts?

Comment

Originally posted by gcbeer View Post
      Are you serving this on-premise or trying to keg a product and sell it as draft for other accounts?
      It will be packaged.

Comment

Originally posted by SamWBrewmaster View Post
        Ok, so we're making a Radler/Shandy, depending on what you call it. My question is blending and stability and PH. We have brewed 100 Litres (roughly 26 gallons) of lager at 6% and hopped it to about 18-20 IBU's. We plan on cutting this in half with scratch made lemonade. So the resulting product would assume to be 3% abv. and 10 IBU's once blended with the lemonade. We obviously need some sort of sweetness to the lemonade so that everything is in balance, but I worry slightly about refermentation or the effect of a change in PH (though this will be added after fermentation is complete). We are force carbonating with a stone in-line with our kegs and filtration system and I have the ability to nominal filter down to 0.1 microns and also have potassium sorbate at my disposal, should this be enough? Should I even need to do this? Anybody have any experience with this? Or any good ideas of how to do it?
        Use lactose sugar its non fermentable. Its not as sweet as sugar but I cannot imagine you want it too sweet.
        Mike Eme
        Brewmaster

Comment

Working...
        X