Who are you wearing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

having./..

having read thru this entire thread, and agree with many, good insoles and see a foot-quack regularly, and decent boots...

I am really disapointed that not one comment toward Garter belt, and the mrs' undies...

c'mon...
    Founder of London Brewers' Alliance | European Craft Sales Manager for SimplyHops.com | BrewWharf 2009/11 | Writes CAMRA's Homebrew Column | Opened Breakwater Brew Co | Get me @phillowry

Comment

I've been using the Muck Boot Chore (mid height) (thanks to recommendations here) for the last six months and must say that it is the most comfortable boot I've worn so far...a pleasure to put on in the morning...though some constructive feedback:

* I didn't have the opportunity to by the steel toed version...though mine have a tough toe, not the best where the opportunity to drop kegs or pallets on feet
      * They don't have the best slip resistance...there are some worn areas of my floor that I need to take care on.

With EVERY boot I've tried and sock regimes, my boots still get wet inside...maybe just sweaty feet. I now use a ski boot dryer on my boots after every session and it has made a huge difference to the aroma and longevity of the boots and to my happiness level on putting on the boots in the morning, so I can highly recommend every brewer do the same.

Cheers,
      Jeff
      Jeff Rosenmeier (Rosie)
      Chairman of the Beer
      Lovibonds Brewery Ltd
      Henley-on-Thames, Englandshire
      W: www.lovibonds.com
      F: LovibondsBrewery
      T: @Lovibonds

Comment

OK, OK.......I DID wear her panties under my long johns in the brewery one day and actually wore the ex's teddy onstage once, but that's the extent of it.

Comment

Update on XtraTuf

these once great boots are now made in china. my original pair were champs, great brewery boots. the next pair i got were conspicuously missing the MADE IN USA on the front. a little research showed they are now made in China (also says so on the sole now). long story short, i have gone thru this pair in a couple months (usually get 6-8 months of daily wear, 8-10 hrs/day). the liner on the inside has degraded, now the bare rubber pulls my socks down and rubs holes in them. (as mentioned previously, wear good socks! worth the extra prices, but annoying as hell when your boots eat them). i've suspected they were leaking for a while and today, as i sit here w/ soaking wet socks, i can confirm this.

sad...they used to be great. now i am definitely looking elsewhere (muckboots, baffins, guardians, servus)

oh yeah...the thing that really pisses me off is they are now made in china (according to the company to save costs) but they still are the same price (if not higher) to us. BS in my book.
          Last edited by beer_gorilla; 02-19-2013, 11:34 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Not cheap but comfortable and pretty bomb-proof so far. http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&key...l_71hjnvmaug_b

Comment

A little Baking Soda in the boots a couple X a week cuts down on the "StinkFoot". And those cheap antimicrobial inserts at Walmart seem to help.

Comment

I've had a couple pairs of muckboots and I'd actually have to recommend against them in the brewery. They just don't hold up very well over time. They are very comfortable (which is why I'm on my 3rd pair) but the steel-toed version (which I currently have) develops leaks and splits in the rubber bottoms fairly quickly. I have to replace my current pair after only 6 months, and for $100 a pair I expect longer life than that. Also if you have any sort of wet or slippery floor problems then they are definitely not a good choice. After the bottoms get "broken-in" a bit (like after 2 months or so) the muckboots provide very little slip resistance. In fact I slip in them more than I do in just a regular pair of work boots.

Like I said, they are very comfortable, and they tops roll-down, which is great in summer. If you do buy them, I would not get the steel toed boots, they definitely broke the quickest.
                Hutch Kugeman
                Head Brewer
                Brooklyn Brewery at the Culinary Institute of America
                Hyde Park, NY

Comment

I have to agree on the Muck boots. I have the steel toe Chore boots and they are very comfortable. After a 12 hour day my feet are fine. I just roll down the top to make them come up to mid calf height and they are perfect. They are more expensive but when you are on your feet 8-12 hours a day comfort is a big deal.

Comment

I'm a big fan of RedBack Boots, very similar to the Blundstone. I oil them up every couple weeks and they do a fine job of keeping the feet dry
                    Adelaide Plumbing Services

Comment

Just switched from Bogs food pro to Shoes for crews Bullfrog. The Bogs are way more comfortable but 3x the price and only lasted about 6 months before leaking. I might go back to bogs for the comfort... it is worth it

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
                      Prost!
                      Eric Brandjes
                      Cole Street Brewery
                      Enumclaw, WA

Comment

Another vote for Much boots here. We frequently, like today, work outside in the snow. Not complaining, we love it, but in the past our brew boots were so slick you couldn't stand up on snow and ice. It's dangerous, especially if you are carrying chemicals or heavy stuff, not that this job requires any of that. The soles on the Mucks are vibram and much better in the snow. Durability is good too. But yeah, they ain't cheep. Oh yeah, they are much more comfortable than the old green boots too, even before I switched the insoles out.

Comment

Originally posted by GumLeaf USA
                          The above was a quote from beer_gorilla in his post #49. It just reinforces what I just posted in #57 and #58 regarding the quality of boots available in the US today. Gumleaf boots, on the other hand, are handmade in Europe. You won't find a better made boot. 85% natural rubber. Double reinforced seams. Air cushioned heels and forefoot, etc. If you work in a part of the brewery that requires steel toes or shanks, this isn't your boot but if you want comfort and durability, this is your new brand. See a SPECIAL OFFER I'm about to post under "Classifieds - New Product Opportunities". Men's retailer Sims used to say, "An educated consumer is our best customer." I'll take that a step further: "An educated brewmaster will be my best Gumleaf referral." Rather than my making claims about Gumleaf boots, I'm offering a financial incentive to put Gumleaf boots on the first 25 orders using the special discount code on the Classifieds page. I'll let the quality and comfort speak for themselves. Need new boots? Now would be a great time to buy Gumleaf.
                          I have submitted this question multiple times on other sites without an answer, maybe you can tell me here... I wear a 9EEEE and have a VERY hard time finding boots to fit. Do you have something that will fit me without being sloppy in length?

Comment

Hey everyone. Been wearing these boots for just under three years and they have finally sprung a leak. Last brewery I worked for bought them for me but I can't for the life of me remember the brand. Don't have any obvious brand markings on them so I thought I would see if any of you have any idea what brand they are. Would love to get a replacement pair.
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	20160115_135636.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	104.9 KB
ID:	190886Click image for larger version

Name:	20160115_135726.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	90.4 KB
ID:	190887Click image for larger version

Name:	20160115_135710.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	88.4 KB
ID:	190888

Comment

McMaster carr

They look like the chemical resistant boots from mcmaster carr. I have the same pair sitting around. check their website.

Justin

Comment

Yep. That looks like them. Thanks Justin.

Comment

Working...
                                X