Rationalizing a beer delivery system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mikeyrb1 View Post
    Just giving you a hard time. We tried the same thing but our bartenders found ways to screw it up. I swear, they can't tie their own shoes but they can tie some interesting knots in our system. We have a much more crowded cooler too though.
    I feel your pain. I kept the lines as short as practical to prevent tangles, but I know what will eventually happen.

For "Can't pour piss from a boot without instructions on the heel", you should see the creative parking in our unmarked gravel parking lot! A customer can park a Smart Car in such a way as to take up four spots, and all others will follow suit.
    Timm Turrentine

Brewerywright,
    Terminal Gravity Brewing,
    Enterprise. Oregon.

Comment

Rationalizing a beer delivery system

Originally posted by Bainbridge View Post
      So you get a solera thing going. Over time I'm not big on the idea of having a (thankfully small) portion of months old beer in there.
      Yeah, that was something I worried about. Solera, or sourdough starter....

Comment

Originally posted by MikeyB View Post
        Yeah, that was something I worried about. Solera, or sourdough starter....
        If you have enough turnover to justify using serials, this does not happen. You pull the empty--or both empties--move a new keg to the front, use another full or a partial at the gas end. The partial will be gone in no time, and the full (possibly with some beer from the former) will be gone by the next morning. Just be sure they're the same beer. We've never experienced a problem with old beer--keeping stocked is our problem.

If you're worried about the above concern, you should not be using serials.
        Timm Turrentine

Brewerywright,
        Terminal Gravity Brewing,
        Enterprise. Oregon.

Comment

Working...
        X