Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Gravity" filling: Anyone using an Xpressfill four-head wine filler for beer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Gravity" filling: Anyone using an Xpressfill four-head wine filler for beer?

I'm looking for the best filler for bottle conditioned beers within a certain budget. I would also like the filler to pre-purge the bottles with CO2 or inert gas. The one I am specifically looking at is sold by Morewine: http://xpressfill-com.3dcartstores.c...4100_p_15.html
    It has a pre-purge option and a variable fill speed too.

Anyone have experience with this? Or anyone have recommendations on a different filler that can pre-purge? Our needs, speed-wise, are pretty modest. I'd be happy to find something that can fill 2 barrels of beer per hour (as opposed to our current method which is very basic and only gets one barrel per hour....tedious!).

Thanks.

heck no

Hi Sean
    I used to work for a brewery that used almost the exact same thing for filling bottle conditioned beers. Bottom line is that even under carbed beers for bottle conditioning, (1.5-1.9 vol CO2) were having huge foaming issues. Those things are designed for completely still beverages not for beer
    Todd Crowell
    Head Brewer
    Kettlehouse Brewing
    Missoula, MT

Comment

Originally posted by dinobrew View Post
      Hi Sean
      I used to work for a brewery that used almost the exact same thing for filling bottle conditioned beers. Bottom line is that even under carbed beers for bottle conditioning, (1.5-1.9 vol CO2) were having huge foaming issues. Those things are designed for completely still beverages not for beer
      That's definitely one of my concerns, but they are saying it works for beer and that pro brewers are using them. I'll check some of their brewery references. Also they are recommending the volumetric filler for beer, not the level filler.

Comment

Working...
      X