yeast brink, airlock?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yeast brink, airlock?

Just got my yeast brink(s) from GW Kent. Had previously stored yeast in 1 gallon plastic containers in walk-in with lids loose so that CO2 could escape, but minimal O2 intake would occur. Now with the 15 gallon brinks, I am wondering what fitting to attach to the 1.5" TC on the brink lid that will let CO2 buildup out, but minimize O2 ingress. I was actually thinking homebrew airlock, but can't quite grasp how that fits a 1.5" TC fitting. Brain dead activity quite possible at this point in my day. Any recommends?

thx,
    Dave Cowie
    Three Forks Bakery & Brewing Company
    Nevada City, CA

I've heard of folks just keeping their brinks buttoned up and bleeding down pressure after pitching, and I've also heard horror stories of valves failing and letting yeast rocket into the cosmos, so I always err on the side of caution. I like my yeast brinks to have an 1 1/2" Tee on the top with a pressure gauge and ball valve-to-stainless CO2 quick-disconnect. That way I can easily pressurize for pitching, relieve pressure if it's left buttoned up, or affix a vinyl hose to the QD to create an airlock. Better safe than sorry!
    Last edited by fuelforthehate; 08-08-2016, 08:02 AM. Reason: a word

Comment

Working...
    X