Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Glycol Compressor completely shat the bed - WTF!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glycol Compressor completely shat the bed - WTF!!!

So my glycol chiller is not cooling my beer, so I go the roof and open up the panel. First thing I notice is the plug to the compressor on the floor, not attached to the compressor.... So, I think, it must have fallen off in the wind?!?! Then I took a closer look at see this shit. Also, I was on the roof because my beer walk in cooler is also not working. Time to sign up for a HVAC course. Fuck today. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2339.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	92.8 KB
ID:	194432

Damn, that's brutal. We actually hold basic refrigeration classes here at our facility in Auburn a couple times per year (unfortunately nothing on the calendar right now)- you aren't going to leave after just one week as a licensed technician but you will have a good understanding of refrigeration and specifically glycol chiller systems. We also offer EPA CFC Certification, which is required in order to purchase refrigerant. Shoot me an email and I'd be happy to send you a note the next time we have a class scheduled.

I noticed this unit uses R410A refrigerant, typically found on AC systems- is the chiller system designed/approved for the temperature range you are operating at? Typically these systems are designed to operate quite a bit higher temperatures (45 F Evaporator temps versus 15-20 F). I'd suggest that you reach out to the manufacturer of your chiller system, they can confirm and might also have some suggestions to improve operation and reliability.

If you need a referral for a service technician that does a lot of work for our brewery customers in the NY region, please let me know. He might also be able to help get things dialed in.

Good Luck,

Jim VanderGiessen
    CEO, Pro Chiller Systems
    jimvgjr@prorefrigeration.com

Comment

Working...
    X