Gloves in the brewery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gloves in the brewery

Im looking for sugestions on some gloves that will withstand boiling temps. Yesterday I had a mishap with some boiling wort and a stuck butterfly valve. Anyways dont want to get into the whole story but I have some really good blisters all over my right hand. Im just wondering what the rest of you guys are using out there? Thanks

Kyle

Zep sells gloves that work well for everyday tasks. I would suggest a boot drier that can be used for the gloves, if they get wet inside.

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for the feedback. Was hoping to get some more specific types folks are using and some websites where I could purchase them.

Comment

I found some great "gauntlet-style" black-rubber gloves at my local hardware store. They come up to mid-forearm, thick rubber/cloth. Not great for small detail work but I can reach into boiling wort with no problem (as long as the wort doesn't fill the glove!!!). Hope this helps.
        Dave
        Glacier Brewing Company
        406-883-2595
        info@glacierbrewing.com

"who said what now?"

Comment

Yep, I like that kind of glove, too.

And a neat trick to keep gloves from smelling like old socks (which they do, fairly quickly!): I wore disposable surgical gloves (kinda like wearing socks, eh?) underneath the big gloves...

Cheers, Tim

Comment

Lineman's Rubber Gloves

I use these:
            5333T81
            Lineman's Rubber Gloves Class 0, Black, 14" Length
            $56.03 per Pair

McMaster-Carr is the complete source for your plant with over 595,000 products. 98% of products ordered ship from stock and deliver same or next day.

Pricey yes but are ordered by glove size give great dexterity and the added bonus of withstanding 5,000 volts.
            Cheers & I'm out!
            David R. Pierce
            NABC & Bank Street Brewhouse
            POB 343
            New Albany, IN 47151

Comment

Dont get any that are lined/flocked. When they get wet inside they hold the water and start smelling like bad feet!
              Brewmaster, Minocqua Brewing Company
              tbriggs@minocquabrewingcompany.com
              "Your results may vary"

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Briggs
                Dont get any that are lined/flocked. When they get wet inside they hold the water and start smelling like bad feet!
                Yep! As I said just above:

Originally posted by tarmadilo
                And a neat trick to keep gloves from smelling like old socks (which they do, fairly quickly!): I wore disposable surgical gloves (kinda like wearing socks, eh?) underneath the big gloves...
                Old socks, bad feet, same smell!!!

Cheers, Tim

Comment

Working...
                X