Manual Canning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manual Canning

Anyone have experience with manual canning machines like the Cask or Wild Goose systems? If so what do you/have you used and what were your opinions on it? Thanks!

Used ('struggled' is a better word) with the Wild Goose 50 for a bit. It's a great concept in theory, but it's a nightmare if you're actually trying to put out some volume. It doesn't have an under lid CO2 knife so your cans are prone to oxidation relatively quickly. If you're only interested in putting out a couple dozen cases every couple weeks for limited releases that will be drank promptly, you can get by for a bit. Just don't expect to be distributing with a manual canner.

We did have a bunch of difficulties operating the system. Sometimes it would work great and sometimes it was a complete waste. There was no rhyme or reason to it. The customer service was good, though. They sent out a few guys to help us trouble shoot some issues. Found out the flow meters (instead of timed flows) makes a huge difference in the way the beer behaves in the can for some reason.

I went to their Seamer School during GABF the other week and saw their operation. Really cool place. They machine and actually manufacture every single part on those canners. They're very interested in upping their customer service game and always available for help should you need it.

We currently have a WG250 on the way and will be thrilled to be done with the 50
    Last edited by TIPA0303; 10-23-2016, 06:18 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the info, i appreciate it! Thats actually confirms a lot of what i thought would be the case. Figured id ask here since ive seen a number of places actually do try and use them for what i would consider larger canning runs for distribution.

Anyone else?

Comment

Working...
      X