Large chiller units vs. Oversized glycol reservoir

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kansa 5hp chiller manual

ok I bought one. good or bad I am in with this chiller. the problem I have is the manual is chinese so programing or hooking up the power. I think I have to hire the chinesse restaurant cook to help me out. does any one knows a US rep or how to get an engish manual?

Comment

Originally posted by theaviator View Post
      ok I bought one. good or bad I am in with this chiller. the problem I have is the manual is chinese so programing or hooking up the power. I think I have to hire the chinesse restaurant cook to help me out. does any one knows a US rep or how to get an engish manual?
      Ha, good luck. Despite all the sage advice now you get to start the fun. Your better off importing an interpreter from Guangzhou. ItÂ’s probably Mandarin (one of the most difficult languages) and itÂ’s probably missing key pieces of information. Often these companies have never used/tested the items they build. They look at a blueprint (usually poached from another countries design), build them completely differently (I have never seen a Chinese blueprint match the actual equipment when it arrives), and they ship it to you as an untested/inspected device. You are basically on your own once itÂ’s on a container.

I currently have a 20bbl resivoir on my Chinese glycol condenser system. It handles 7x30bbl & 2x15bbl ferms as well as 8x30bbl serving vessels by way of the glycol chilled walk in. 30bbl cold liquor tank too. The compressor kicks on constantly despite the large resivoir, and it has frozen up mulrtiple times. The thing has needed at least 6 service calls in 6 years and multiple companies have refused to touch it without a liability waiver. Multiple sensors have been replaced and it condensates like crazy. ItÂ’s loud as a Guangzhou factory too. ItÂ’s large and very ugly compared to Pro, JC Younger and G&D all of whom I have never had a single issue with. I serviced those myself. It does keep the beer cold (as long as it doesnÂ’t trip, which happens randomly).

After years of working will all types of equipment I will never recommend anything Chinese. I have seen a few good pieces of equipment, such as Lehui, however service in general leaves much to be desired. Every one of my pumps is engineered poorly with an oversized pump head or undersized motor. Windings have burnt out, and bearings are the worst from China. They deform (or arenÂ’t round to begin with). Metallurgy is often poor or suspect.

YouÂ’re all in now, so IÂ’d recommend google translate and a few good books on refridgeration. Also, set aside the money you saved by purchasing Chinese so you can afford repairs/service calls or a good replacement in just a few years. Verify your voltages too as in the US you would likely need a power transformer. In PR you may be 220/50hz as opposed to 240/460/60hz.

Comment

kansa 5hp chiller manual

Thanks for the advice. As far as electronic I am not scare , that I can handle is the understanding of the mechanis of how it worked. I got a english manual so I will give it a try. I will informed how it went.

chuckP

Comment

Working...
        X