Unitank Regulator Placement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unitank Regulator Placement

We are putting the finishing touches on our brewery build out and will be utilizing Unitanks to carb and either keg or transfer to serving tanks. I am looking for best practices on regulator placement for the Unitanks. The option include a bank of 4 in tandem mounted to the wall or strapping them to each fermenter separately. I have typically seen most do it in tandem and then run lines to each tank, but our co2 supplier already ran a main line with t's at each tank so sesperate regulators would be easier.

Thanks.

Steve
    Last edited by stevesr75; 11-17-2016, 05:52 AM.

Secondary regulators are fairly inexpensive. Having a dedicated 2ndary for each vessel will reduce hassles, and provide some redundancy when one regulator goes south. Use self-closing QDs on a flexible line for your CO hook-ups to stones/etc, and you will have a great deal of flexibility in your system. Be sure to incorporate check-valves between the regulators and QDs, as this will keep from accidentally flooding the regulator with beer/wort, which is hard on regulators.

We use Norgren R74G series regulators for our secondaries. They're robust, easy to rebuild, and rebuild kits are inexpensive. I keep a half-dozen r'build kits on hand.
    Last edited by TGTimm; 11-17-2016, 10:44 AM.
    Timm Turrentine

Brewerywright,
    Terminal Gravity Brewing,
    Enterprise. Oregon.

Comment

Supplier

Do you have a good source for the R74G's?

mtn

Comment

We get them from Kaman Ind: https://ec.kamandirect.com/us/index.jsp

They have no problem with selling me rebuild kits--many places claim liability problems and won't sell parts for regulators.

They also sell an amazing variety of goodies, everything from obscure Loctite products to helicopters!
        Timm Turrentine

Brewerywright,
        Terminal Gravity Brewing,
        Enterprise. Oregon.

Comment

Working...
        X