16oz vs 12oz Cans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 16oz vs 12oz Cans

We are currently distributing in OK & KS and looking to expand into TX, but in talking with our current distro in KS and a potential one in TX, we heard that 12oz cans sell much better than 16 oz cans. We are currently only doing 16oz, and would hate to switch over since as consumers we prefer them and other consumers I've talked to prefer them, but of course if the retailers, especially grocery, which seems to be the big driver in TX doesn't prefer them and might not bring you on, the point is moot. I can confirm that outside of a couple brands 12oz cans dominate TX, but I wanted to see what other parts of the country were seeing as well. Our distributor said that consumers feel slighted by 16oz 4 packs. What is everyone seeing out there? Any trends?

Thanks!

Blaine
    Roughtail Brewing Co.
    12oz cans
    40.00%
    16oz cans
    50.00%
    Depends on the brand
    10.00%

I don't distribute at all, 100% taproom so this is completely based on my views as a consumer. I almost never buy 16oz cans. I always go for a 12oz 6-pack over a 16oz 4-pack. Really not sue why this is, but I would rather have a smaller beer and go through more of them.

Comment

Working...
    X