Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you wish was different about your FVs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you wish was different about your FVs?

I'm ordering new tanks, jacketed uni's and unjacketed brites/serving tanks, all in 5bbl. What do you wish was different about the configuration of your tanks? Any ports you wish were somewhere else, etc? Anything you changed after using your tanks for a while? Prefer PRV on top or the tree? Thanks for your input!

I'll play: I wish we had temp gauges installed so we could cross reference with our glycol control gauges. Also, bigger dry hop ports would be nice.

Comment

our newest tanks have internally manifolded glycol piping, so each tank just has single supply port and a single return port at the top of the tank. Short hose from header to tank and the glycol is done. I think we'll do this on all new tanks going forward, and I wish all our old tanks were this way.

Comment

Originally posted by mikeyrb1 View Post
        I'll play: I wish we had temp gauges installed so we could cross reference with our glycol control gauges. Also, bigger dry hop ports would be nice.
        Good point, thanks for playing!

Comment

Originally posted by GlennL View Post
          our newest tanks have internally manifolded glycol piping, so each tank just has single supply port and a single return port at the top of the tank. Short hose from header to tank and the glycol is done. I think we'll do this on all new tanks going forward, and I wish all our old tanks were this way.
          Instead of a jumper piped between the top and bottom jackets? That makes a lot of sense.

Comment

2 of our tanks have tri-clamp fittings on the racking arm, while the rest have DIN fittings. I wish they were all DINs and moving forward I'll only buy tanks with them.

Comment

Originally posted by cyraxx View Post
              2 of our tanks have tri-clamp fittings on the racking arm, while the rest have DIN fittings. I wish they were all DINs and moving forward I'll only buy tanks with them.
              You could get a triclamp to DIN adapter.
              Todd G Hicks
              BeerDenizen Brewing Services

Comment

Originally posted by cyraxx View Post
                you probably already are but I'd recommend using a bolted or "safety" tri-clamp when you don't have a DIN fitting on the racking arm. they look like this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	HTB1PWc.FFXXXXbsXXXXq6xXFXXXL.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	42.8 KB
ID:	191274

it'll give you some peace of mind when turning the arm during xfer.

cheers!

Comment

Working...
                X