Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some feedback on my financial ratios/value is appreciated

Hi All

New to the board here and building a business plan for a new craft brewery in my area.

My financial spreadsheet is about as detailed as I’ve seen after doing research over the past 2 years. The reason for my first post here is that I would like some community feedback on some of my ratios and values as it pertains to opening a 7BBL brewery. Here’s some of my main statistics, let me know if any of these seem way out of whack. Be advised these ratios are under a mature 350BBL per year model, that’s small potatoes but my business plan also goes into growth to 700BBL (through more brew sessions) and ultimately 1500BBL per year output (through expansion).

· pure taproom, no food sales, just beer and soft drinks
    · 4000 sq ft facility (rent at $12/sqft/yr)

Net Profit – 14.4%
    EBITDA Margin – 28.3%
    Operating Margin – 24%
    COGS (pure ingredient expense) – 6%
    Total Cost/BBL (ingredients, labor, expenses, rent, insurance, legal, marketing, basically all operating expenses) - $530/BBL
    Renovation of 4000 sq ft space - $350K
    COGS + Variable Op Expenses – 25% of sales
    Wages – estimated 25% of sales

Any feedback would be great, just want to make sure I’m in the ballpark here with some of these figures. Also, I can calculate pretty much any ratio or value requested, so if you have further questions for me, I’ll be more than happy to answer them.

Thanks

No feedback? Does this belong in another thread perhaps?

Comment

Quick Bump

Comment

Profit and Loss Statement

After reviewing your financial ratios of your business plan, however, without viewing the Profit and Loss Statement and the Balance Sheet is difficult to give you a good feedback because you cannot compare the current fiscal year with the past fiscal year to observe if there is an economic growth or decline.
        As I understand, this operation is small and a theoretical case, although generates a 14.4 % Net Profit, I am intrigued in how the money was raised to renovate the facility (350K) and to buy the equipment, through a loan or investors and how much is paid in interests or dividends.

A bit difficult to calculate because we do not know the depreciation, likewise, if the wages (25.0%) paid are direct labor, indirect labor, sales salaries or administration salaries.
        Also, I see that subtracting the Gross Profit (75%) minus the Operating Margin (24%) there is a 51% operating expense which is not specified.
        Not to sound negative in the following simple sensitivity analysis, my concern is that if the sales or revenues decline in 10%, your company would be at risk, as well, the Opportunity Cost of the money would be better in another economical alternative in Case 2.

CASE 1
        Revenues
        Gross Sales 100
        Net Revenues 100

Cost of Goods Sold
        Ingredients 6
        Variable OP 19
        Net COGS 25

Gross Profit 75

Operating Expenses
        Selling Expenses
        Administrative Expenses