X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fizz Wizz?

Anybody use it? Thoughts on durability?

Thanks
    Last edited by declue2; 12-09-2016, 10:16 AM.
    Gene Declue
    Head Brewer/Owner/Head Beer Geek
    Rock & Run Brewery and Pub
    www.rockandrunbrewery.com

Looks cool. Is it priced out of practicality?

Comment

Originally posted by jduke View Post
      Looks cool. Is it priced out of practicality?
      $3k, plus a little shipping and misc parts.
      Gene Declue

Comment

Did you talk to the manufacturer? I assume you did since you have a price. Did they say anything about the feasibility of setting it up with quick disconnects so that it could be moved between multiply brite tanks? At $3k I'd be willing to buy one, but I don't think I'd be willing to buy one for each of our 3 brites, especially since I never carb more than one at a time now anyway.

Comment

This looks like the Tank Manager made by Meehan Manufacturering in Pasco, WA.

Prost!
          Dave
          Glacier Brewing Company
          406-883-2595
          info@glacierbrewing.com

"who said what now?"

Comment

Originally posted by nickfl View Post
            Did you talk to the manufacturer? I assume you did since you have a price. Did they say anything about the feasibility of setting it up with quick disconnects so that it could be moved between multiply brite tanks? At $3k I'd be willing to buy one, but I don't think I'd be willing to buy one for each of our 3 brites, especially since I never carb more than one at a time now anyway.
            Video on their website mentions that brewery in the video having 2 units for 3 BBTs, and swapping them around.

Comment

I don't get it.

Unless you are doing something grossly wrong, then it is not possible to save any CO2. I'm not sure how this device works, but the only advantage I can see is if this device measures a changing temperature and adjusts carbonation stone pressure accordingly. Otherwise, set headspace CO2 pressure to your desired saturation pressure according to the stable tank temperature at which you package and start carbonating. This isn't rocket science and doesn't take much computer wizardry.
              Phillip Kelm--Palau Brewing Company Manager--

Comment

This device is outstanding. I have one running 2 bbt and we've been very happy. The service is also great. Price is in CAD so you can save a bit on price if you're in the states. Saves a bit of gas because it cuts out the gas based on an equation that factors temp. Very slick. Takes about 2 minutes to switch between tanks, but moving the temp probe can be a bit of a pain. Cord is a bit short if you have any distance to run. The real advantage is that you can set it before you leave and know the end result by morning (depending). All in all, I highly recommend and will be buying a second one. Cheers!

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

C'mon, Phillip--It uses "automation technology", so it's gotta be better!

The website leaves me nonplussed. There isn't even a description of what it does, not to mention how it does it. Just some new-speak catchwords. What is a website for?
                  Timm Turrentine

Brewerywright,
                  Terminal Gravity Brewing,
                  Enterprise. Oregon.

Comment

I won't use it if it doesn't have an app.....

There is no possible way that it could save gas use if you don't vent any gas out. Where would this "wasted" gas go? Like I've mentioned, the only advantage of this device is if it takes into account temperature so that it would not overcarbonate and foam at higher temperatures, but instead feeds CO2 at the proper saturation pressure to a changing temperature beer. Sounds like this device does that. But if you transfer cold beer to your BBT and do not cool much, then that is a moot point. We have a new 50bbl BBT that I'm installing a timer solenoid to control gas flow. We know how long it takes to carbonate from point A to point B, and want the gas to shut off at a prescribed time. That's about all the automation we need. Not even sure we need that if we slow down the carbonation to finish in the morning rather than wee hours at night. But until we learn how to dial that flow in, then we'll use the timer as training wheels.
                    Phillip Kelm--Palau Brewing Company Manager--

Comment

Anyone tried it from the last two? If you've got everything down really tight, you likely don't need it. If you're a small brewery starting up, it's a nice to have. Saves gas because you never overcarbonate/no c02 and vent issues.

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

We have one in our 2 BBL System. Works well on our 160L Bright tanks and 3 BBL Uni Tanks. I use a heavy bungie cord to secure to my spunding arm and then move it around as required.

Set it & forget it. It stops when it's done carbonating.

Has been the best single thing that has made our brews more consistent. The Head Pressure function is awesome for kegging too. Set your pressure and it keeps it right where you want (For me 11.80 PSI). Pre-scrub option is nice in uni-tanks for carbonation mode.

You have granular control over your Volumes and flow rate as well. I feel slower flow is always better for head retention but for bigger tanks and time constraints you can carb two 30 BBL Tanks in one day with one fizz-wizz on a higher flow setting.

I give it a 9/10 all around. It's got a hard exterior design. If anything broke when dropped it would be a fitting or two on the bottom and probably an easy repair from the boys.

Would buy/recommend. Would buy two if I was regularly carbing over two vessels at a time.
                        Leigh Davison
                        Head Brewer, Partner & Beer Alchemist @ Schoolhouse Brewery
                        Windsor, Nova Scotia
                        "The Beer with Class"

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. Looking at it when we expand to 20bbl. Planning on cart mounting it and moving it from tank to tank. Just one less thing to worry about and saves co2.
                          Gene Declue

Comment

Working...
                          X