Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where to find posts for giant corny kegs???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HeavyReel View Post
    I don't understand everyone's problem. I bought these. Buy a cap for the 1 in open hole. Then buy a corny lid with the co2 post already on it. They are about 20 bucks. I don't see the confusion for everyone. The posts are for liquid out and already have a liquid ball lock attached

[ATTACH]45391[/ATTACH]
    I thought the diptube was on the 1 inch hole, and the already installed post was a gas port?

Comment

Originally posted by Onebadsc View Post
      I thought the diptube was on the 1 inch hole, and the already installed post was a gas port?
      I haven't seen them in person, but that's what the seller told me (their answers in bold).

Email I sent:

Couple quick question re: 75 gal Hoover Used Sanitary tanks. The tops show three openings: a. a spot for the lid, b. a spot with what appears to be a standard ball lock pressure fitting/post, c. and a third opening that seems to be a larger diameter than the standard ball lock.

Questions:
      1. Is the third opening where the dip tube goes? Yes there is a dip tube that goes all the way to the bottom of the tank.
      2. Does the third opening come with a valve/post? If not, what is its diameter? No it does not. It is 1” inch approx.
      3. What, if anything, is below the opening with the pressure release valve? (In a standard corny keg there would be a short dip tube.) there is nothing below. Just the opening you can feel when touching the top inside of the tank.

Thanks!

Jason

Comment

I can't tell which hole the dip tube is coming from in the photos on the vendor website...does the dip tube fit the 1" opening or the ball lock opening?

Are the 1" hole threads standard? Can you tell me what type of cap might fit this?

Are the large holes for the keg lid circular or oval-shaped?
        Searchlight Hard Cider - Spokane, WA
        Making craft cider for the folks we want to hang with. Ed would be proud.

Comment

That's the whole problem, no one seems to know what the 1 inch hole threads are. The diptube is in the 1 inch hole.

Comment

Received word from the vendor that the threads are coarse but not sure what sizing, etc. Told me that some customers have used PVC fittings to cap...that wouldn't work for pressurization.

Standard corny keg lid; oval, not circular.

Waiting for word back on size of dip tube, whether standard corny with larger flange for hole or larger overall.

Comment

The diptube is large, just slightly smaller than the hole. I will try and post some pics of the one I have.

Comment

I'm thinking all we need to find is a reducer for the 1 inch dip tube port that will
                Connect to a liquid out post. I believe 3/8th? Does it matter how wide the dip tube is?

Comment

If the solution is under pressure, it shouldn't matter what size the dip tube is. Same as different sized hoses and all that.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Comment

Anyone have any updates on finding a workable fitting for these? I chatted with the seller, and they ordered in some stainless fittings to try to find something worked without luck. Anyone have better luck?

Jason

Comment

Has anyone tried clamping on some sort of hose with a valve attached to it? I would be nervous about crushing the part where the diptube goes in, so maybe use 2 hose clamps, one on the threads to have grip so it won't pop off, and another one on the smooth portion just tight enough to make it air tight. I know it's not the best solution, but maybe it's enough to start some testing.

Comment

Originally posted by NS_Nano View Post
                        Anyone have any updates on finding a workable fitting for these? I chatted with the seller, and they ordered in some stainless fittings to try to find something worked without luck. Anyone have better luck?

Jason

Possibly! We have a machine shop fabbing up a double female collar, npt on 1 side and the correct threads on the post side. Its looking to be 80-100 each. I will post up more when I have a prototype. It'll be SS. Feel free to PM or just email me directly -
                        Dan@nighthawkbrewery.com

Comment

Has anyone checked to see if it is possibly a bsp thead?

Comment

Anyone know of a source for these used 75 gallon tanks currently?
                            Six Sigma Master Blackbelt - Lean manufacturing expert. Beer production is food manufacturing. Why not do it efficiently!

Comment

You could try here. Frequently updated.
                              Take a look at Aaron Equipment’s large inventory of unused and used 0 to 499 gallon stainless steel tanks. Request a quote for a 0 to 499 gallon stainless steel tank online today.

Todd G Hicks
                              BeerDenizen Brewing Services

Comment

I have one I could part with. I'm in Chicago.

Comment

Working...
                                X