Grain Mills - RAD vs. RMS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grain Mills - RAD vs. RMS

We're looking at grain mills and are trying to decide between RAD (RR300) and RMS (9x6 single pair malt mill). RAD is definitely cheaper, but RMS seems to be more top of the line. Does anyone have feedback about either of these mills? Like most breweries, we are trying to save money, but don't want to skimp where it really matters. If there's a big difference between the 2 (better/more consistent crush, quality and life of the rollers, etc.), we want to make the right choice the first time! Thanks for all of your help!!

Used both....

I've used many different mills. RMS is the best mill I've used. Built for the long run. My rule of thumb on something like a mill; buy by the weight. RMS is heavy. And very well built. Solid is what you are looking for in a mill. RMS is solid. Search this forum for other mill options and opinions.
    Phillip Kelm--Palau Brewing Company Manager--

Comment

Mills

Highly recommend RMS, great design, Adjustment handles and perfect position sample port for all your different grain sizes for inspection.
      However, My personal favorite for a small scale brewery is the Robix out of Hungary, Premier Stainless still imports these. The quietest mill I have used and in a good price range.

Lance
      Rebel Malting
      Reno, Nevada USA

Comment

Sasquatch Roller Mills

Hey guys,

Just to chime in from a dealer who sells Sasquatch Roller Mills, I'd like to throw those into the ring as an even better option. Both of the other brands you mention are fine mills, but you're getting a higher quality design, easier roll gap adjustment, and better efficiency with the Sasquatch. Check them out at www.sasquatchmills.com, and if you need any other grain handling equipment, check us out at www.malthandling.com. Feel free to contact me direct at andy@malthandling.com as well.

Thanks!

Andy
        Malt Handling, LLC
        Chicago, IL
        andy@malthandling.com
        INFO@MALTHANDLING.COM
        WWW.MALTHANDLING.COM

Comment

Thanks for the Feedback!

Thanks for the feedback - it's very helpful and I appreciate you all taking the time. We're going to go with the RMS!

Comment

Working...
          X