Can lids sanitized?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can lids sanitized?

This may be a dumb question, but Just out of curiosity, on an average automated canning line, are the lids sanitized? Seems like every Time I see a canning line in operation (mostly YouTube and promo videos) there is no means of sanitizing the lids.

our canners dont sani them. Now the loose ones that go on the cans that get missed get sani
    Mike Eme
    Brewmaster

Comment

Lids are clean on arrival

We called our rep at Ball, and he said the lids are cleaned at the production facility and sealed in packaging to prevent contamination. As long as the packaging remains intact, you should be good to go. However, if you have concerns, definitely reach out and talk to your lid supplier. They should be able to tell you the steps they take to treat the lids pre-shipment, and what you should and shouldn’t do after they arrive in your facility.

Hope that helps,
      The A.B.E. Team

Comment

Originally posted by Junkyard View Post
        This may be a dumb question, but Just out of curiosity, on an average automated canning line, are the lids sanitized? Seems like every Time I see a canning line in operation (mostly YouTube and promo videos) there is no means of sanitizing the lids.
        We slide a clean magazine tube into the paper sleeve. They are supposed to come clean from the supplier. We then leave the factory packaging over our magazine tube so that no contaminants can ever come into contact with the ends/lids.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Comment

Roger that, thank you for taking the time to answer our question. I'm using lids from ball right now, they come in a paper sleeve. i think we'll go ahead and omit the unnecessary Sani bath we've been doing.

Thanks
          Dan

Comment

Working...
          X