Entry Level Bottling Line with multiple size options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Entry Level Bottling Line with multiple size options

I am researching entry level bottling lines that can do multiple sizes with user adjustments. Entry level for us would likely mean capacity somewhat similar to a Maheen 6 head unit.

So far, I've found the Martins Robotics unit. Any others out there that people can suggest?

Cheers,
    Randy
    Ornery Beer Company

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Originally posted by chiliman View Post
    I am researching entry level bottling lines that can do multiple sizes with user adjustments. Entry level for us would likely mean capacity somewhat similar to a Maheen 6 head unit.

So far, I've found the Martins Robotics unit. Any others out there that people can suggest?

Cheers,
    Randy
    Ornery Beer Company

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    +1. Anybody have experience with Martin Robotics?

Christian

Comment

No experience with any of them yet, we don't bottle yet. However I did get some advice from someone I respect in the industry, when it comes to bottling you need to make sure of a few things: 1. Make sure it has consistently low packaged oxygen capabilities and 2. Waste is a huge issue, they have experience on a unit you mentions(PM me if you want specifics) and loss to under fills, broken bottles, and foam were high, and that cuts into your margins.

In my opinion, there isn't really a perfect "entry level" system, they need someone with the patience and the knowledge to keep them running efficiently and with the highest quality. This isn't cheap, so it makes sense to get a system that can handle more volume. That said, I have had great success with a 4 head hand machine doing up to 1080 bottles in a day with only two people, and good results from shelf stability. It was an imperial stout, they are definitely more forgiving.

Comment

Thanks. I spoke to a user of the Martins unit in SoCal, likely the one you mention. Spoke with another in Virginia by me. Loss and getting the unit tuned in was certainly a conversation point.

Martins is rolling out a canning add on this year, so you can do most any size bottle and canning from one unit. That's pretty impressive but it does seem there are some quirks with getting consistency from their filler.

Randy

Originally posted by jebzter View Post
        No experience with any of them yet, we don't bottle yet. However I did get some advice from someone I respect in the industry, when it comes to bottling you need to make sure of a few things: 1. Make sure it has consistently low packaged oxygen capabilities and 2. Waste is a huge issue, they have experience on a unit you mentions(PM me if you want specifics) and loss to under fills, broken bottles, and foam were high, and that cuts into your margins.

In my opinion, there isn't really a perfect "entry level" system, they need someone with the patience and the knowledge to keep them running efficiently and with the highest quality. This isn't cheap, so it makes sense to get a system that can handle more volume. That said, I have had great success with a 4 head hand machine doing up to 1080 bottles in a day with only two people, and good results from shelf stability. It was an imperial stout, they are definitely more forgiving.

Comment

Working...
        X