Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I built a completely automated keg washer for under 1K... any interest out there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been reading this thread with enthusiasm, but the three part video tells me they are not hosted any longer. Are they anywhere else?

Comment

Keg Washer

Hello,

I am late to the conversation, but I am also interested in building your automated keg washer.

I did not find the videos and pictures mentioned. Are they still on the site?

Thanks

Drew

Comment

Originally posted by Super64 View Post
        I've been reading this thread with enthusiasm, but the three part video tells me they are not hosted any longer. Are they anywhere else?
        Well looks like the whirlwind is over, no response in 3 months, I guess this one has jumped the shark.

Comment

FWIW - I bought 2 station 2 tank keg washer (manual)

From Shandong Tiantai Beer Equipment Co. Ltd. for $3520
          Will be adding automation later as I can find parts etc. but this givs me 15 kegs / hr which is great for my 3.5 bbl system.
          YMMV

Comment

Originally posted by ShepFL View Post
            From Shandong Tiantai Beer Equipment Co. Ltd. for $3520
            Will be adding automation later as I can find parts etc. but this givs me 15 kegs / hr which is great for my 3.5 bbl system.
            YMMV
            Could you post the link? I couldn't find it on their website. Thanks

Comment

Link as requested

C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\beer resource...rinser (1).pdf

Comment

You're going to have to host that somewhere on the net in order to share it (Dropbox, Google Drive, etc.). This is a link to a file on your desktop and that won't work for others.

Thanks for your willingness to help, though!

I'm pretty sure this is a dead thread at this point. The OP hasn't updated in quite a while.

The idea was nice, but there's been no followup in a long while despite the community response. Not condemning Noble, just assuming that business has picked up past the point of being able to follow up on this side-project. Seriously, good for them!

Comment

url for vendor

2300+ ✅ breweries use TIANTAI brewery beer brewing equipment Europe Australia Canada USA UK ✅ 2 to 150bbl brewhouses stainless steel beer fermenter tank beer kegs canning machine bottling machine brewers yeast system home brewing kits

Originally posted by Cagedodger View Post
                  You're going to have to host that somewhere on the net in order to share it (Dropbox, Google Drive, etc.). This is a link to a file on your desktop and that won't work for others.

Thanks for your willingness to help, though!

I'm pretty sure this is a dead thread at this point. The OP hasn't updated in quite a while.

The idea was nice, but there's been no followup in a long while despite the community response. Not condemning Noble, just assuming that business has picked up past the point of being able to follow up on this side-project. Seriously, good for them!

Comment

I've actually picked up the Arduino code from where it was developed over on the Arduino forums and have been slowly working on it for a slightly simpler design, which uses only one wash tank (I plan on running Acid 6 or another CO2 friendly cleaner) and just blows out the kegs with CO2, rather than doing an air purge. I'm building up the hardware for it at the moment to see if it gets beyond the current Proof of Concept stage, but once its actually trialled and working with kegs and liquid I'll share the code and the liquid schematic.

So far I'm about $400 of parts in, which is all stainless steel Ts and fittings for the liquid paths for a two head washer, the Arduino and associated electronics, a waterproof enclosure and all the motorized ball valves, and I expect to spend another $250 or so for the cleaner tank and fittings, wiring and a cart for it all to sit on.

Comment

• That would be great.

I'm sure I don't speak just for myself when I say that semi-automated keg washer is on my DIY list, and automation is most complex part, so code and info about using it would help a lot.

Comment

• New to this thread but if either of you needs any help with design, let me know. I'm almost done building mine. I programmed an Ace PLC & HMI connected via Modbus, relay controlled pneumatic valves, and all kinds of bells & whistles. Sourced most of the stainless through China. I included the post that has pictures.

Comment

• How's this Dayton pump working out for you?

Originally posted by Jer View Post
                          Ah. I see.

I bought one of these:

Order Dayton Pump, 3/4 HP, 115/230V, 9.0/4.5 Amp, 4JMW9 at Zoro.com. Great prices & free shipping on orders over $50 when you sign in or sign up for an account.

Pumps like crazy, and had been good so far.....

I'm guessing that wayne pump would be OK for moving starsan or rinse water???

-J.
                          I am looking for a keg washer pump and saw this thread. How is this pump working for you? Strong enough for two kegs at at time?

Thanks!

Comment

• Interested.

How can we get the source code from you?

Comment

• Interested

Hi I am interested in this if this is still a valid post and if it will work hooked up to an artisan keg washer?

Comment

• Still active?

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X