production brewery and sales in Pennsylvania

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• production brewery and sales in Pennsylvania

Where can I find information on what laws govern how breweries are aloud to make sales to other businesses? As a brewery would I be aloud to sell directly to restaurants/bars/stores or do I need a distributor to sell for me? Are there any limitations on self distribution? If I were to sell to other businesses could I also sell directly to customers?

Aloud? Jesus what is this industry coming to... You are not allowed to self distribute in PA.

Comment

I think you meant you _are_ allowed to self distribute in PA.

Ref: 47 P.S. ยง 4-431

If I'm not mistaken, this changed last August, along with a lot of the regulation under title 47, but I couldn't find the specifics of that overhaul.

Regards,
      Mike

Comment

Could be. I did a google search for this guy... info I found could be old.

Comment

PA breweries have been allowed to self-distribute for quite some time. We are under no obligation to use a wholesaler. However, it wasn't until recently that we can self distribute to other licensees (ie another brewery, distillery, cider house, winery etc). Likewise, we can now serve product from any PA brewery or PA winery (limited), or any distillery (doesn't have to be from PA).

Comment

It is my understanding that is has to be PA made spirits, not just anything off the shelf.

Comment

Originally posted by hokus View Post
              It is my understanding that is has to be PA made spirits, not just anything off the shelf.
              That is NOT correct. PA breweries are aloud ( Love that ) to serve ANY spirit from ANYWHERE in the world. The PA Legislature knocked this one out of the ballpark when this law was revamped!

We are also permitted to sell/distribute our own beer to retail outlets, bars, citizens and anyone in between over the age of 21.

We can also sell beer by the glass, growler or whatever at farmers markets and festivals.

Comment

Working...
              X