Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help figuring cost per batch

Hello,

I've been lurking in the shadows for some time now, sifting through the search tool and finding most of my answers. My partner and I and trying to polish our business plan. One of the things we're having a hard time with is finding cost for indidvidual ingredients so we can accurately figure cost per batch for each of our beers. We are planning on opening a 7bbl taproom within the next year in Rock Springs WY. We were hoping to gain some insight on cost of , base malt , specialty malts, yeast, and hops. With the understanding that hop and specialty malts vary from variety to variety. Also we are currently looking at Pretech Canada to build our system and wondered if anybody has any experience with their equipment, and could offer some feed back on pros and cons. We are very excited to get the brewery rolling, we filled for our S-Corp last week and need to get our business plan finished up so we can go find some money! Thanks for any help!

Here's our logo , what do you think?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Brewerylogo2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	89.1 KB
ID:	194773

Why not pose this question to the suppliers? They will send you their pricing if you ask. Brewers Supply Group, Country Malt Group and Cargil, none of them ask for any information other than what is your brewery name. The pricing is pretty variable, domestic two row is usually in the $0.50-0.60/lb range, though there are volume discounts and different packaging sizes available. Adjunct malts go up from there to a top near $0.85/lb. Hops, you can get them as low as $6/lb up to $20/lb for some varieties. BSG and CMG both supply hops as well, but check out Crosby Hop Farms and YCH as well.

Comment

Working...
    X