Looking into starting a 1 BBL Nano

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by augiedoggy View Post
    Thanks, my question was more or less if there were a lot of breweries out there already using non ul listed panels since I built my own (using UL listed components and built to code) but I don't really want to send it out for the union to bless it considering costs if I don't have to.
    If you end up being required by your local jurisdiction to get the panel labeled, you might check to see if they'll accept ETL labeling in lieu of UL. They may be much cheaper for this. As far as the actual code goes, it doesn't have to be UL, it just has to be a "recognized testing laboratory" and the NFPA has a list of what they consider to be recognized. Your jurisdiction should accept ETL, but I've found some inspectors can be jerks.

Regards,
    Mike Sharp

Comment

Thanks, my question was more or less if there were a lot of breweries out there already using non ul listed panels since I built my own (using UL listed components and built to code) but I don't really want to send it out for the union to bless it considering costs if I don't have to.
      That depends on the knowledge and thoroughness of your local inspector, and your tolerance for risk.

JR
      Jeremy Reed
      Co-Founder and President, assistant brewer, amateur electrician, plumber, welder, refrigeration tech, and intermediately swell fella
      The North of 48 Brewing Company
      Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

www.no48.ca

Comment

Nevermind.
        Last edited by augiedoggy; 04-01-2018, 12:14 PM.

Comment

Nevermind.
          My apologies. If the realities of your question upset you, try asking somewhere else.

I know that the electrical inspectors in Ontario have cracked down on non-uL panels. Other jurisdictions have seen people getting away with it.

Again, sorry that I/we can’t predict the future and/or read the mind of your local inspector.

Good luck.
          Jeremy Reed
          Co-Founder and President, assistant brewer, amateur electrician, plumber, welder, refrigeration tech, and intermediately swell fella
          The North of 48 Brewing Company
          Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

www.no48.ca

Comment

Originally posted by Jer View Post
            My apologies. If the realities of your question upset you, try asking somewhere else.

I know that the electrical inspectors in Ontario have cracked down on non-uL panels. Other jurisdictions have seen people getting away with it.

Again, sorry that I/we can’t predict the future and/or read the mind of your local inspector.

Good luck.
            It wasnt the "Realities or my question you gave that upset me.. It was the assumption that since even though I stated my panel was built to NEC code using all ul recognized components, that it was unsafe. I do not see the difference from the other electrical panels and work done onsite that he is allowed to deem ok due to certified components and correct installation. Itsd frustrating when you know having the UL inspect it will cost multiple times what the panel cost to build
            Last edited by augiedoggy; 09-26-2018, 03:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X