Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking into starting a 1 BBL Nano

Quote Originally Posted by augiedoggy View Post
    Thanks, my question was more or less if there were a lot of breweries out there already using non ul listed panels since I built my own (using UL listed components and built to code) but I don't really want to send it out for the union to bless it considering costs if I don't have to.
    If you end up being required by your local jurisdiction to get the panel labeled, you might check to see if they'll accept ETL labeling in lieu of UL. They may be much cheaper for this. As far as the actual code goes, it doesn't have to be UL, it just has to be a "recognized testing laboratory" and the NFPA has a list of what they consider to be recognized. Your jurisdiction should accept ETL, but I've found some inspectors can be jerks.

Regards,
    Mike Sharp

Thanks, my question was more or less if there were a lot of breweries out there already using non ul listed panels since I built my own (using UL listed components and built to code) but I don't really want to send it out for the union to bless it considering costs if I don't have to.
    That depends on the knowledge and thoroughness of your local inspector, and your tolerance for risk.

JR

Nevermind.
    Last edited by augiedoggy; 04-01-2018 at 11:14 AM.

Nevermind.
    My apologies. If the realities of your question upset you, try asking somewhere else.

I know that the electrical inspectors in Ontario have cracked down on non-uL panels. Other jurisdictions have seen people getting away with it.

Again, sorry that I/we can’t predict the future and/or read the mind of your local inspector.

Good luck.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12