What has changed ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What has changed ???

Until last week, I did not have to log in each time I pulled up this website, providing of course I was on the same computer (at home). When the site opened up, it prompted me with the number of new posts and threads since I last logged on, + my user profile summary.

All this has changed. I now struggle to log on. To write this, I had to log on again. I have no idea what new posts have been made without wading laboriously through every discussion board. The site has become a real pain to use - extremely user unfriendly. Oh yes, I got a couple of emails saying there had been further answers / comments to threads I had taken part in, but of course I had deleted these "secure in the knowledge" that I would easily find them.

This is the second day in succession I have had to log on, without easy access to recent postings.

PLEASE, PLEASE return it back to what it was doing before. It was a fun site. Now it is just a pain

Dick
    dick

I found it works best if I log in on the "discussion group" page instead of the main homepage (and select the "remember me" box). From the home page select "discussion groups" link, and there you will see the "log in" window. It always seems to remember me after I log on here.

There is an option, without logging in, to see all the most recent posts from that same discussion group home page- select the recent or new posts link.

I guess I have been pretty fortunate, only had a couple issues with logging on, all in all the site works pretty smooth for me.

Jim

Comment

No changes with the site

I know you are a dedicated and long time ProBrewer user, so I’m particularly sorry to hear that you are having difficulties with the site. However, virtually nothing has changed here at ProBrewer, either in the front-end or the back-end of the system.

My guess is that something has changed on your computer – but being a beer person and not a IT person, I’m not sure what that might be.

If there is anyone else out there that is experiencing problems similar to what Dick has stated, or has had similar problems in the past and might have a solution, please let us know.

Admin

Comment

Beer & Cookies?

Did you recently run a spyware detection program and delete your cookies? Or accidently delete them some other way?

Usually that is the cause of login problems.

Comment

remember me!

There should be a Remember Me button in the general log in, just a suggestion.

el

Comment

I found i had to go reset my IE settings to default and BAM it suddenly remembers me

Fred Colby
            LDB

Comment

Hi guys

Thanks for the suggestions, but this time I logged on to the computer, called up aol as usual, called up Probrewer from the favorites list, as usual, and bam - there it was - back to normal. I'm not aware of doing anything different or having altered anything, but I'm back to normal thanks very much. Long may it continue

Cheers
              dick

Comment

Can't Post

Hi,

I am able to log in, but when I try to post content, this is what comes up:

"fdibartolo, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?

2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation."

Can this problem be resolved? Thanks!

Comment

Sometime in November, about the time of this original post, my logging on became automatic. I can't explain this either, I do like it though. I used to have to log on every time I wanted to post or reply to anything, now I just have at it, no problem.

Comment

FWIW, the original post is from Nov. 2006.
                    Cheers & I'm out!
                    David R. Pierce
                    NABC & Bank Street Brewhouse
                    POB 343
                    New Albany, IN 47151

Comment

Working...
                    X