Brewer/Lab Rat looking for an opportunity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brewer/Lab Rat looking for an opportunity

I have been brewing for a few years and I am looking for an opportunity with a growing brewery. I have been brewing around two to four times and month on a small scale and want to move to a larger system and learn more as well as bring my knowledge to a bigger system. I brew everything from low abv saisons to barrel aged RIS. I have been focussing lately on the fermentation process and how different strains of yeast and bacteria react to various environmental conditions. I know the process, I know the chemistry and biology behind it and now I would love an opportunity to do that with a great team of people. I have a degree in Environmental Science where I focussed mainly on water quality and microbiology. That has helped my brewing immensely so far along my journey. I am willing to relocate for the right opportunity.

A little bit more about my experience and background. I was contracted out of college by the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, MD to run labs for them used in cancer research(Childhood Leukemia) and the Human Genome Research Institute. I have extensive lab experience and know sterile lab procedures for plating, collecting and growing samples, which is the knowledge I have transferred over to my brewing. I maintain around 20+ yeast, bacteria and mixed cultures at any time and I am constantly trying to improve my flavor profiles.

Please PM me for any additional info you would like.

Broomtail Craft Brewery & The Sour Barn

Broomtail Craft Brewery (and The Sour Barn) Wilmington, NC: We are currently small but strong with a great following. We double batch on a small 3bbl system and sell everything we brew. We have a new 8.5bbl brewhouse on the way for an expansion and have plans to build our 30bbl brewery in 2018. We need an assistant brewer / cellarman to help with the existing system and grow with us as we expand. This position currently is basically running the brewery 4 days per week alone, then part time help with cleaning and help all day on brew day. The perfect candidate needs to: Have great enthusiasm and desire to grow with us as this position will transition to Head Brewer / Operations Mgr with the 30bbl expansion; Have the ability to get things done without supervision; Have technical ability to understand process, biology, and chemistry of brewing the perfect beer every batch.

If you have interest in talking with us about this position, email me at barry@broomtailcraftbrewery.com

Comment

Please send your contact/resume to fork.alehouse@gmail.com.
      Great opportunities! Thanks.

Comment

Pittsburgh Brewery

Brewing Position near Pittsburgh
        Last edited by brucek; 03-23-2017, 12:42 PM.

Comment

Please Email Bob@Straighttoale.com
          PM sent as well

Comment

Working...
          X