Omega Yeast? Anyone use them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Omega Yeast? Anyone use them?

Seen the adds for omega yeast on a homebrew newsletter.

Checked out their yeast list. Seemed pretty standard with a couple unique offerings like vermont and a couple norwegian yeasts, HotHead Ale & Voss Kveik. Anyone have experience with these guys?

Thanks.

We use them, very happy with the service and the performance.

Comment

We love em, they seem to use less defoamers in their process than Other labs we've used. They have great service, only downside is shipping costs $30 more from them than BSI for me. Definitely still worth it though.

Comment

What's the pricing like compared to say white labs, wyeast?

Also flocculation is important to me. Take wyeast kolsch yeast and white labs equivalent, the white labs variant has better flocculation.

Comment

Pricing is right on par or maybe a bit cheaper than WL and WY. I've never used omega's kolsch strain but everything I have used flocs out great!

Comment

Hands down the best lacto blend for kettle soured berliners or gose.

Comment

Has any tried their vermont strain? I heard it can be finicky due to it being cultivated from heady topper.

Comment

Tropical IPA

Has anyone used the OYL-200 - or for that matter White Labs 664 Brett Trois?

I'm doing some research on Brut IPA, and it came up as a suggested strain, and it sounds great for that purpose. I'm leery about putting Brett into my system, but everything I've read indicated that it is pure sac, just a weird strain.

I've never used Omega, so before I go though all the fuss I'd like to know more from users (I am not a fan of White Labs, so I'm hoping Omega might be a good solution).

Comment

Working...
                X