Getting Started

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting Started

I'm brand new to this web site. A bartender at a brewpub recommended that I check it out when I told him I was interested in getting started brewing my own beer.

I don't know if this is the best place to post this thread, but I figured the "General Discussions" forum would be as good a place as any to do so.

I'm curious to know if there are any web sites or if there's any place on this site that details how a "newbie" like me can get started - i.e. equipment to buy, finding recipes, where to go for supplies, brewing tips, etc.

My interest is more or less to do this as a hobby and to be able to enjoy my own product, not much more than that.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers!

Jerry

I would say the best place to start would be to look for a local homebrew club. That way you can yack at folks that of variant levels of experience.

Comment

www.howtobrew.com for information

www.morebeer.com for homebrewing supplies

or shop local at one of these homebrew shops (compliments of www.beeradvocate.com):

el

Comment

Home Brewer

Tke a look at www.beertown.org This site is geared more towards professional brewers(probrewer), but all that love beer are welcome. Beer town is part of the BAA and has a vast amount of information about brwing as a hobby as well as brewing professionaly. Most of us that visit this site were homebrewers. Good luck it is a great journey, and there is always more to learn.

Graydon

Comment

I'm grateful for the feedback thus far, and will appreciate even more if anyone else has any thoughts.

Jerry

Comment

This is a great message board with heavy traffic for home brewers
            Homebrewing beer. Most homebrewing information available on the Internet. Lager, ale, mead, cider recipes. Software, reviews, articles, links, more. Totally non-commercial. Home brewed beer.

brew and views bboard link

Comment

Here ya go

http://www.brewboard.com/

http://forum.northernbrewer.com/
              Last edited by Bluestone; 12-03-2006, 03:17 PM.

Comment

Homebrewer's Digest

A long running email list. Some writers that contribute to "Brew Your Own" and "Zymurgy" magazine post there.

All the brew that's fit to pint...
                Travis Miller
                Brattleboro, VT
                On brewing hiatus as a SAHD

Comment

Working...
                X