Semi Auto Keg Washer Recommendations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Semi Auto Keg Washer Recommendations?

Shopping for a semi-auto keg washer for our brewpub. Hoping to pick something up in the $10K-15K range. SO far I've been looking at Premier, Stout, Frontier, Lawson, and that's about it.

Does anyone have any others that I should look at?

Are there preferable options that some have that others don't.

We'd like a machine that will last many years in a busy setting and speed up our current manual washing system that we've used for 20 years.

We've been using our IDD Squire II for about a year now. We're pretty happy with it. With a good air and CO2 supply, it takes about 2:30 to clean a keg.

The one option I'd skip is the fill-by-weight. We got it, and have never really used it. The controller for the scale doesn't store numerous different weights, so each gravity/keg volume must be entered each time it's used. We're getting very consistent fills using the automatic FOB.
    Timm Turrentine

Brewerywright,
    Terminal Gravity Brewing,
    Enterprise. Oregon.

Comment

Originally posted by TGTimm View Post
      We've been using our IDD Squire II for about a year now. We're pretty happy with it. With a good air and CO2 supply, it takes about 2:30 to clean a keg.

The one option I'd skip is the fill-by-weight. We got it, and have never really used it. The controller for the scale doesn't store numerous different weights, so each gravity/keg volume must be entered each time it's used. We're getting very consistent fills using the automatic FOB.
      That is one that we've looked at. Is it able to clean 2 1/2bbls at a time? Can't tell by their info on their site. Another local brewer has one that I'm going to go check out.

The thing with all these cleaning times that every company has is it is actually dependent on the chemical used, not really the machine right? We run much longer cycles on our manual system now but I can sleep at night knowing that there is very little chance of beer stone buildup. A 2.5 min cycle doesn't seem like enough to me. How often do you crack those suckers open and check them out?

Comment

The IDD Squire II only does one keg at a time. It replaced our 3 keg manual washer, and is much faster.

You have the option of a long or short cleaning cycle. The long cycle takes about a minute longer, so say 3:30. I randomly check our kegs by pulling the valve and spear, and we're getting great results using caustic lye for a cleaner. We use the long cycle for obviously foul kegs, or those we haven't seen in a while. We acid wash every three times through.

The main factor controlling the length of the cycles is the air and CO2 available. I installed "surge tanks", 30 gal compressor tanks, at the machine for both gasses. The tanks are connected to our air/CO2 mains at 100-125 psi, then use a high-flow, 1" Rego regulator to deliver the gasses at the required 30 psi, in large volumes for the short times required. Works great, and much easier than re-plumbing all our 1/2" gas mains.

The filler works very well. Don't bother with the Fill By Weight option--it's wasted money. With a better controller that could store numerous weights, it might be worth it, but we get fine and consistent fills just using the automatic FOB.
        Timm Turrentine

Brewerywright,
        Terminal Gravity Brewing,
        Enterprise. Oregon.

Comment

Re launching this thread to see if anyone has experience with the Colorado Brewing System Keg Washer

If so is it worth the purchase?
          Dustin Baker

Owner/Brewer
          Roadmap Brewing Co.
          San Antonio, TX

Comment

Originally posted by DBakes15 View Post
            Re launching this thread to see if anyone has experience with the Colorado Brewing System Keg Washer

I sent you a PM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Check out Brew Fab USA

We love our 4 station kegwasher.

Comment

I highly recommend the Premier Stainless keg washers. We run ours daily for 5-6 hours at a time, 5 days a week without any dramas.. After 3 years of operating a 2 head station I pulled spears out of our first lot of kegs. All kegs where spotless on the inside.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by DBakes15 View Post

I have also wondered about this keg washer for a few 1/6bbl kegs.

Comment

Check out Fillmore. We love ours and cant beat it for the price!

Comment

Originally posted by saltyturtlebeer View Post
                      Check out Fillmore. We love ours and cant beat it for the price!
                      Thanks for the tip.

Comment

Working...
                      X