Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tank Inspection Lights - What are you using?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tank Inspection Lights - What are you using?

Hello All-

I have been tasked with finding a better solution for handheld lights around the brewery.

We are currently using general purpose Ryobi lights that take the standard rechargeable batteries and they are not up to the job. They work, but we are blowing through batteries in the harsh confines of a brewery cellar.

What are folks using out in forum-land?

We will be using these for tank inspection, often in steamy conditions. We would prefer to find something rechargeable, wireless, and water resistant.

I know everyone has a favorite, and probably a least favorite, as well. Any suggestions pro or con would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks a bunch- Mike

I use my old PrincetonTec EOS head light w/NiMH rechargeables. It's a great little head lamp, bright enough for night skiing, very well sealed and no longer made--or at least, the new ones are junk. A headlamp is, IMHO, the best solution as it frees both hands and is always pointed where it's needed. I'm sure there are better ones out there these days. I don't like built-in batteries that are difficult or impossible to replace. The current generation of NiMH batteries hold a charge for a long time, and hold lots of charge--and they're Q&E to change out. If the lamp takes AA cells, you always have the option of disposables in a pinch.
    Timm Turrentine

Brewerywright,
    Terminal Gravity Brewing,
    Enterprise. Oregon.

Comment

THRUNITE’s high quality LED flashlights are not just bright - they’re tough as nails and designed to be practical for a wide variety of users. Learn more about their variety of product lines and find the perfect gear for your needs right here at the THRUNITE Store.

Everyone at our brewery gets one of these once they complete the BA online safety courses. We also give them a wrist lanyard so they don't drop it in the tank. Super bright, rechargeable battery, and reasonably priced.

Comment

Thanks Timm and BB. Those look like great avenues to explore.

Any other suggestions out there?

Thanks - Mike

Comment

Streamlight

I am a big fan of streamlight. good variety of options some rechargeable some take batteries. Mostly used among firefighters and police. They make some for hazardous areas as well. I believe McMaster sells some of theirs.

Streamlight manufactures tactical, weapon mount & safety rated LED flashlights, lanterns & headlamps for firefighters, industrial professionals, the military & the automotive industry.

Comment

Bayco

I've used these guys on 400bbl tanks, and it illuminates everything just fine. Its rechargeable, has a couple magnets on the top and back that you can connect a magnetic hook to, and has a soft light at the end to act as a regular flashlight. Killer deal for 30 bucks as well.

JB Tools has the best prices on auto diagnostic tools, auto parts, air tools, power tools, hand tools, mechanic shop equipment, and adhesives for repairs.

Comment

Working...
            X