Head brewer looking for a place to put down roots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Head brewer looking for a place to put down roots

I am currently a Head Brewer and I am looking for a place to put down roots.
    I have extensive experience with barrels clean and sour. I helped build an award-winning sour program, as well as an award-winning Bourbon barrel program.

I have worked in a mid-size brewery doing approx 15,000 bbl per year, and a small Brewery doing around 2000 bbl per year.
    Message me for resume and more info

Brewing opportunity in Peru

Hey!

We are looking for a head brewer down here... could be an interetesting opportunity. Email your resume if you are interested. Below is the job posting.

Cervecería Del Valle Sagrado (Brewery of the Sacred Valley), located in the Sacred Valley of Peru, is seeking to fill its head brewer position by July 1, 2017. We are a small brewery and taproom producing roughly 8,000L and selling all our product in kegs. We strive to be a sustainable brewery distributing the majority of our product in the Cusco/Sacred Valley/Machu Picchu area with some product also being shipped to specialty accounts in Lima and Arequipa. The head brewer is directly responsible for brewing core recipes, developing seasonal recipes, following and creating established processes, and instilling a strong company culture. The brewery is equipped with a 5bbl system and 6 10bbl fermenters and 2 5bbl fermenters. We are starting a barrel aged program and also a sour program. The head brewer is a salaried position reporting to the general manager and is responsible for the management of all brewing operations. Cervecería Del Valle has been awarded the medals of Best Brewery in Peru 2016 and 2017 and has won 23 international medals in various competitions.

The primary duties, but not limited to, will include
    • Responsible for the entire brewing and quality control process from “grain to glass”, including scheduling, inventory, brewing, cellaring, QA/QC, and packaging/kegging operations
    • Execution of existing recipes and collaboration with the management team to develop new and unique beers.
    • Responsible for developing and maintaining production schedules and meeting targeted production metrics
    • Oversee a small brew team with diverse range of knowledge.
    • Ability and willingness to educate staff (bartenders, servers, production, cellar, etc.) on beer styles and craft beer culture
    • Continual effort to advance the beer program.
    • Perform and schedule equipment maintenance, troubleshooting, and repairs to minimize brewery down time.
    • Maintain a clean, safe and well organized facility.

The ideal candidate must have the following qualifications:

• Minimum of 4 years experience in a production brewery or brewpub ideally in a lead or management position.
    • Moderate to advance Spanish.
    • Brewing diploma or education a must.
    • Ability to work independently, unsupervised long and irregular hours. You are the head brewer!
    • Problem-solver attitude and great attention to details.
    • Over the top passion for beer.
    • Extreme knowledge of beer styles.
    • Recipe formulation experience.
    • Knowledge of safety processes including hazardous materials.
    • Physical capability of routinely and repeatedly lifting 60 pounds and/or moving 165 pounds.
    • Elevated communication skills and ability to interact with the public.
    • Certified cicerone a plus.
    • Having lived in South America or abroad a plus.

Interested applicants please send their CV and cover letters to Juan@cerveceriadelvalle.com. We are looking to have someone in Cusco and ready to work ASAP. The plan is for the chosen brewer to have several weeks of work together with our current head brewer before being handed the reins.

Juan Mayorga
    General Manager and Founder
    Cerveceria del Valle Sagrado and Taproom

Comment

Central Va looking for head brewer

Hi there we are looking or a head brewer in Central Va. Can you email your resume to shannon@proaccting.com

Comment

Sounds like a killer opportunity!

Originally posted by CervDelValle View Post
        Hey!

We are looking for a head brewer down here... could be an interetesting opportunity. Email your resume if you are interested. Below is the job posting.

Cervecería Del Valle Sagrado (Brewery of the Sacred Valley), located in the Sacred Valley of Peru, is seeking to fill its head brewer position by July 1, 2017. We are a small brewery and taproom producing roughly 8,000L and selling all our product in kegs. We strive to be a sustainable brewery distributing the majority of our product in the Cusco/Sacred Valley/Machu Picchu area with some product also being shipped to specialty accounts in Lima and Arequipa. The head brewer is directly responsible for brewing core recipes, developing seasonal recipes, following and creating established processes, and instilling a strong company culture. The brewery is equipped with a 5bbl system and 6 10bbl fermenters and 2 5bbl fermenters. We are starting a barrel aged program and also a sour program. The head brewer is a salaried position reporting to the general manager and is responsible for the management of all brewing operations. Cervecería Del Valle has been awarded the medals of Best Brewery in Peru 2016 and 2017 and has won 23 international medals in various competitions.

The primary duties, but not limited to, will include
        • Responsible for the entire brewing and quality control process from “grain to glass”, including scheduling, inventory, brewing, cellaring, QA/QC, and packaging/kegging operations
        • Execution of existing recipes and collaboration with the management team to develop new and unique beers.
        • Responsible for developing and maintaining production schedules and meeting targeted production metrics
        • Oversee a small brew team with diverse range of knowledge.
        • Ability and willingness to educate staff (bartenders, servers, production, cellar, etc.) on beer styles and craft beer culture
        • Continual effort to advance the beer program.
        • Perform and schedule equipment maintenance, troubleshooting, and repairs to minimize brewery down time.
        • Maintain a clean, safe and well organized facility.

The ideal candidate must have the following qualifications:

• Minimum of 4 years experience in a production brewery or brewpub ideally in a lead or management position.
        • Moderate to advance Spanish.
        • Brewing diploma or education a must.
        • Ability to work independently, unsupervised long and irregular hours. You are the head brewer!
        • Problem-solver attitude and great attention to details.
        • Over the top passion for beer.
        • Extreme knowledge of beer styles.
        • Recipe formulation experience.
        • Knowledge of safety processes including hazardous materials.
        • Physical capability of routinely and repeatedly lifting 60 pounds and/or moving 165 pounds.
        • Elevated communication skills and ability to interact with the public.
        • Certified cicerone a plus.
        • Having lived in South America or abroad a plus.

Interested applicants please send their CV and cover letters to Juan@cerveceriadelvalle.com. We are looking to have someone in Cusco and ready to work ASAP. The plan is for the chosen brewer to have several weeks of work together with our current head brewer before being handed the reins.

Juan Mayorga
        General Manager and Founder
        Cerveceria del Valle Sagrado and Taproom

Comment

Look for a Head Brewer in Ottawa, ON

Happy to discuss our opportunity with you in downtown Ottawa, ON. Please send me a PM to info@overflowbeer.com

All the best
          Phil

Comment

brewer

South Carolina Brewer

Southern Barrel Brewing is seeking an experienced, professional Brewer to join our growing team in Bluffton, South Carolina. Brewer will be responsible for all aspects of brewing and cellaring.

Southern Barrel Brewing was founded in 2015 with a 20 bbl brew house and large Tavern. We currently distribute in two states with two more coming on in the next year. We have recently expanded our Cellar and need more wort made.

Job Type: Full-Time Salary
            Reports to: Head Brewer

• Must like making wort day in and day out.

• Responsible for following Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and maintaining high quality standards in all areas of beer production.
            • Production of high quality wort
            • Maintaining a clean, sanitary, and presentable work environment through CIP (Clean in Place) procedures.
            • Daily management of yeast health and fermentation.
            • Standard cellar work, including PH monitoring, gravities, crash schedule, etc.
            • Dry hopping
            • Organizing and collecting records.
            • Continual lifting, dragging, carrying and manipulating of hoses, parts, pumps, buckets, requiring standing, walking, crouching and lifting regularly through the duration of shift.
            • Performs routine maintenance on equipment and infrastructure.
            • Responsible for ensuring that all safety procedures are adhered to throughout the brewery.
            • Willingness to assist other departments when necessary, including but not limited to brew house, cellar, packaging, QA/QC lab and events.
            • Cicerone Beer server accomplished
            • Ability to safely operate a forklift
            • Formal brewing education or 1 year professional brewing experience at minimum 3,000 bbl annual production
            • Knowledge of beer styles and sensory evaluation
            • Can lift 55lbs+ repeatedly.
            • Can work on your feet for prolonged amounts of time.
            • Maintain a flexible schedule including early mornings, evenings and weekends.
            • Ability to accurately keep records.
            • Mechanical aptitude.
            • Self-motivated with good time-management skills.
            • Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, Google Docs.
            • Ability to maintain a clean and organized work space.

• Being a team player yet able to complete tasks by themselves.

Compensation:
            Salary based on experience + Full Benefits

Please respond with COVER LETTER and RESUME to walter@southernbarrelbrewingco.com

Comment

Production and packaging Brewpub in Appleton, Wisconsin with new opportunity

Please send a resume and contact information to steve@stonecellarbrewpub.com
              Stone Cellar Brewpub / Stone Arch Brew House

Cheers!

Comment

Hello

We are interested in learning more about your skill set, would it be possible to send resume over to sorab@filibusterbourbon.com

Thanks Much!

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen13 View Post
                  I have extensive experience with barrels clean and sour. I helped build an award-winning sour program, as well as an award-winning Bourbon barrel program.

I have worked in a mid-size brewery doing approx 15,000 bbl per year, and a small Brewery doing around 2000 bbl per year.

We are always looking for someone with a strong passion...
                  704-995-7767
                  Matt

Comment

Minneapolis Brewery

Stephen, I'd appreciate the chance to talk to you and see if we might have the right opportunity for you in Minneapolis. We're on a fast paced growth curve and are looking for someone that is comfortable growing with us. If you have time to chat, PM me your contact info.

Comment

Stephen, we are always looking to add passionate and talented brewers and have an opening in Columbia, SC. Please send your resume to Mike at Mtay391@gmail.com. Cheers.

Comment

Could you send me your resume? We might have something that would work for you. danran22@gmail.com

Comment

Small Brewery in Bend Oregon

Originally posted by Stephen13 View Post

Can you send your resume? If you are interested. You will have plenty of room for creativity and variety
                          Thanks

Comment

Hi Stephen -
                            Abita Brewing Company is looking for experienced Brewers and Pilot Brewers to join our team. If you are still looking for the right opportunity, please email your resume to jgill@abita.com.

Cheers,
                            Jennifer Gill
                            HR Manager
                            Abita Brewing Company

Comment

Brewer in Los Angeles

If you are interested in starting with a new brewery in LA, send me a resume to Steven@west4thjane.com

Comment

Working...
                              X