Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Polished Concrete Floor

Hello Guys!

I have seen polished concrete floors in many breweries in Europe (not sure is this a correct name of the flooring, please see the picture below). They don't seem to get porous after use except small spots where undiluted acid drops, or where hot steam condensate drops. I see that people here on forum mostly are looking for epoxy coated floors, but I wonder is there something specific with this type of floor that I'm missing to see? Is this type of floor OK or you would recommend epoxy coat on the top of it?

Click image for larger version

Name:	polished_concrete_2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	18.1 KB
ID:	195057

Thanks

Epoxy is your last choice...

IMO epoxy is the worst. Easy to chip, blister, stain and difficult to repair. Bare concrete would be better. FloCrete is the best surface I've ever brewed on. Lot of threads here on flooring options.
    Phillip Kelm--Palau Brewing Company Manager--

Comment

Thanks Phillip

What are the main disadvantages of using polished concrete like this? We are moving in a building that already haves polished concrete, so I wonder would it be necessary to put some new layer on top of it?

Comment

Polished concrete works well in areas that won't see any chemistry or water/hot water wash downs. I wouldn't recommend this in the Cellar/brew house/kegging/bottle or canning areas
        Chris Klein
        Cell 541-510-1080
        Office (503) 769-6823
        WWW.CASCADEFLOORS.COM
        chris@cascadefloors.com

Comment

It looks like it has been polished to produce a reasonably easy cleaning floor, typical of many warehouses - though reconciling smooth surfaces with sufficient grip for use with hooligans on FLTs is something I can't get my head around. the floor looks completely level, suitable for warehousing duties. One place I worked, they had to scour the surfaces to make them rough enough for Ucrete to stick, and because they were level, not sloped to drains, the drainage was not good. In a small setup you might get away with a wet and dry vacuum for much clearing up, but not so easy for floors for 50,000 bottle per hour lines.
          dick

Comment

Working...
          X