Alfa Laval Brew 80 issue - bowl opens on own and does not close

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alfa Laval Brew 80 issue - bowl opens on own and does not close

Hello, we use an Alfa Laval Brew 80 centrifuge in our brewery and have an issue with the bowl not closing after a discharge, or opening on its own and not closing. We have tried adjusting discharge times, pauses between discharge and rinsing, and other tweaks within the parameters with no luck. The only way we can manage to get the bowl closed is to open the deal water valve manually. It also does it in CIP mode. Our water pressure does vary slightly, but even adjusting the water pressure to our ideal set point just before the discharge does not help either. Curious if anyone else has had this problem, and if so, is there anything that can be done to resolve it. Thank you in advance.

I'm assuming you've gotten an Alfa tech on the phone already, right? Their support is outstanding and should be able to help more than the very small user group on this forum that was experience with the Brew 80.

Comment

Originally posted by beerdweeb View Post
      I'm assuming you've gotten an Alfa tech on the phone already, right? Their support is outstanding and should be able to help more than the very small user group on this forum that was experience with the Brew 80.
      Yes we have, they walked us through some of the parameter adjustments, but that was about the extent of it.

Comment

It sounds like you have a water pressure / flow issue. Do you have a regulator installed just prior to the centrifuge?

Also, there are two orifices that control water flow to open and close the bowl - you'll want to disconnect those and make sure you are getting the proper amount of flow through both of them. Call Alfa, they can give you the proper gpm for each orifice. We had similar problems - turned out that the orifices were installed backwards. If that doesn't help - let me know.

Comment

Working...
        X