Sizing water filters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sizing water filters

Hi there, I'm trying to figure out what sort of water filters I'm going to need at a 15hl brewery I am setting up. The water company I'm working with need to know gpm needed and the amount of time per day this would be required. We will likely not be brewing more than twice a week for the first year but hopefully much more down the road. Our hlt is sized at 22.5 hl. I'm not having a lot of success researching this and my engineering company isn't too helpful either apart from saying they recommend the water main to supply 60psi at 25-30 gpm. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Just got a quote back for $14k for water filtration for chloramine removal. Apparently chloramine requires 1 cu.ft. of carbon per GPM as compared to 3-4 GPM for chlorine, so a much larger capacity is needed. This quote is for 50 GPM, which is probably overkill so I asked for a 30GPM quote. Anyone have any info on a more economical way to remove chloramines from the water?

Comment

Where are you with this? Still need help? Those numbers you mention above seem not quite right. Were they quoting you a system that uses standard GAC?

Russ
      Last edited by BuckeyeHydro; 05-28-2019, 03:26 AM.
      Water Treatment Systems & Supplies www.BuckeyeHydro.com
      Info@buckeyehydro.com 513-312-2343

Comment

Working...
      X