Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Buy Brewing Equipment- Anyone using this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Buy Brewing Equipment- Anyone using this?

Is anybody using equipment from,or familiar with Best Buy Brewing Equipment located in Colton California? Their prices seem to be pretty good.

Thanks,

Pat

Bump...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

also curious. Not much info out there
      Daren "The Count" Yu
      Owner/Head Brewer of The Court Brewery
      Shepherd of yeast, masher of barley, runner of water, sniffer of hops, nommer of food, cutter of cheese, swirler of wine, sleeper of pillows, shredder of guitars, banger of drums, tickler of ivories, artist of healing.

Comment

Revitalizing this thread to see if anybody has recently worked with them. Curious how their equipment is and how it holds up.

Comment

Best Buy Equipment

Hi Pat!

I'm Ingrid, the head brewer at Tuckahoe Brewing in Egg Harbor, NJ. We have recently switched from DME equipment to Best Buy. During a recent brewery expansion we purchased (2) 15 BBL fermenters, (2) 30 BBL fermenters and one 15 BBL brite tank.

During the course of the project we were in pretty regular contact with Aban, getting exact numbers and features dialed in. He repeatedly made changes to plans to get us the exact tanks we needed to maximize our specific space and needs. We collaborated to make subtle changes to the cooling area, the location of the ports and the lengths of the racking arms and relocate the drain, and increase the size of the top port to facilitate the dry hopping we do, all problems we had been having with our DME equipment.

Additionally, they made improvements of their own and sent us parts that hadn't been included with out other tanks, including 90 degree elbows for mounting the pressure gauges, tasting ports, and larger carb. stones than we had on our previous tanks.

Shipping, however took a little longer than we would have liked, but to get a custom product that was above and beyond our expectations, i would say it was quite worth the wait. Especially considering that they came on custom made tank cradles, and very well secured, coated in oil and wrapped in plastic. I spent 5 years installing machinery previous to becoming a professional brewer, specializing in brewery installations, and i have seen some horror stories when it comes to shipping, so i was over the moon at seeing how well taken care of these tanks were in preparation for shipping.

Hopefully this will help you in your decision making going forward, if you would like photos of anything in particular, i will be happy to send them along. I can be reached at ingrid@tuckahoebrewing.com

Comment

Thanks Ingrid for your very detailed response, I appreciate the information.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
            X