Any experience with CODI can line?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any experience with CODI can line?

I'm starting a mobile canning company and looking at getting the CODI CCL 45 can line , does anyone have any experience using this one? Seeing how it's a counter pressure filler and not an open can filler they claim lower DO levels.

Any input is helpful, cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes it does have lower DO rates

I had used one at the previous brewery I worked at, we also used mobile canning with a wild goose. I hated the wild goose, TPO on the wild goose was in 550-800 range, on the CODI it was in the range of 200 to 300. The test was done by a very large brewery in both situations ten to 15 min after the days run was completed. DO in PPB in the brite was between 25-40 ppb, pick up on the codi was 10-15 ppb, pick up on the wild goose was 150-250 ppb. it did take alot of changes to get our ppb down in the brite. But out of getting our product canned by a mobile canner any day of the week I would have a CODI over the rest. We had less low fills, allowed higher carbonation as well. The highest we canned with the CODI was 3.2 Volumes, if I remember right we ran at 20 to 25 cpm. 2.6 -2.8 volumes we cranked out at 45-50 cpm we had to slow the machine down because we could not keep up with it. I have yet to get a open fill machine that was mobile to kick ass, 2.0 to 2.5 volumes at 15 to 20 cpm to keep the low fills down, if we when any faster the low fills % becomes to high. If a open fill machine is not moved around them tend to behave better. I am getting a CODI for the current brewery that I work at now, they have made a great canning line that is rock solid.

Mike George
    Director of Brewery Operations
    Cell 720-982-4303
    mgeorge@bluesprucebrewing.com
    Mike George
    Cell 720-982-4303

Comment

Good to know, thanks Mike!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by hydromike View Post
        I had used one at the previous brewery I worked at, we also used mobile canning with a wild goose. I hated the wild goose, TPO on the wild goose was in 550-800 range, on the CODI it was in the range of 200 to 300. The test was done by a very large brewery in both situations ten to 15 min after the days run was completed. DO in PPB in the brite was between 25-40 ppb, pick up on the codi was 10-15 ppb, pick up on the wild goose was 150-250 ppb. it did take alot of changes to get our ppb down in the brite. But out of getting our product canned by a mobile canner any day of the week I would have a CODI over the rest. We had less low fills, allowed higher carbonation as well. The highest we canned with the CODI was 3.2 Volumes, if I remember right we ran at 20 to 25 cpm. 2.6 -2.8 volumes we cranked out at 45-50 cpm we had to slow the machine down because we could not keep up with it. I have yet to get a open fill machine that was mobile to kick ass, 2.0 to 2.5 volumes at 15 to 20 cpm to keep the low fills down, if we when any faster the low fills % becomes to high. If a open fill machine is not moved around them tend to behave better. I am getting a CODI for the current brewery that I work at now, they have made a great canning line that is rock solid.

Mike George
        Cell 720-982-4303
        Hey Mike, it sounds like you had a very poor operator on that Goose!

We are mobile canners in Australia running a WGC250M and we love it. We usually run at 38-40CPM at 2.6 - 2.7 volumes with less than a dozen (12 would be a bad day) or so unders from the start of the run. We need the beer to be super-cold, preferably around 30F, but have canned at 35F at around 32CPM.

On DO, we have very low pick-up. The last 4 cans we had tested straight off the line averaged around 25ppb, I don't know what brite was.

Comment

Originally posted by craftpunk View Post
          Hey Mike, it sounds like you had a very poor operator on that Goose!

We are mobile canners in Australia running a WGC250M and we love it. We usually run at 38-40CPM at 2.6 - 2.7 volumes with less than a dozen (12 would be a bad day) or so unders from the start of the run. We need the beer to be super-cold, preferably around 30F, but have canned at 35F at around 32CPM.

On DO, we have very low pick-up. The last 4 cans we had tested straight off the line averaged around 25ppb, I don't know what brite was.
          That 25ppb is an unshaken can and not your TPO

Comment

Originally posted by Gbbc View Post
            That 25ppb is an unshaken can and not your TPO
            Sure, and the brewery (we were there canning for a gypsy) do the same checks on their 10-head Cask and average above 50PPB.

We were happy with the result and the head brewer who performed the analysis, used to be a senior QA/QC with Lion Co (Kirin International) and was very impressed.

Comment

Working...
            X