Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Liquor stores selling "singles"- good idea?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Liquor stores selling "singles"- good idea?

Hey- this is my first post but I have been lurking for a while. Thought I would get the opinion from a different side of the industry on liquor stores selling singles of micros.

Here's the scenario...I took a part time position at a local liquor store to add some income but also to try and improve the beer scene in the area. I'm a huge advocate and homebrewer and often hold tastings for friends and co-workers and can talk about good beer non-stop and thought a little education to the consumer would be a good idea.

Are there any thoughts on whether selling singles in an effort to educate and expand the consumer's buying spectrum is a worthwhile effort? I think convincing the owner to take away space from Natty Ice and 30 packs of other macros (sorry to those brewers) might be an uphill battle, but one that I think is very important.

Thanks for any thoughts.

Selling singles is a great idea!
    Being able to buy micro beer in singles helped my palet extend its self further than the commercial rubbish my home country thrusts down everyones throught every 5 mins on T.V.
    It is a very good way to educate your average beer drinker into a new world of taste ( or to us old world), even the wine industry is looking towards beer as something different. You my friend are the kind of enthusiast the micro industry needs, because you are going to educate a new generation of beer drinkers, thank you.
    MIKE S

Comment

Definitely a good idea. I think people are more likely to buy a single of something that they want to try rather than a whole six pack. Some places around here (CT) will actually let you make your own six pack out of the assorted singles that are available.
      You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer.
      Frank Zappa

Comment

Working...
      X