Stickers!! Everyone has 'em

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stickers!! Everyone has 'em

Curious what you all do with stickers. Question is do you give them away, sell them, or some combo? Our cost is about 40cents for our 5"x3" diecut logo. My thinking is just give them out as a marketing cost. But, am I leaving money on the table? Should I even care? If you sell them, how much is a good price? Cheers.

We sell them for $1 in the taproom, but give them away at festivals. I usually end up giving away most of them in the taproom, if they're buying a t-shirt, plus a logo pint glass, plus $30 in crowlers I feel like they've earned a sticker or two.

Comment

Good idea

This seems like a good idea. Thanks.

Originally posted by BrewerJake View Post
      We sell them for $1 in the taproom, but give them away at festivals. I usually end up giving away most of them in the taproom, if they're buying a t-shirt, plus a logo pint glass, plus $30 in crowlers I feel like they've earned a sticker or two.

Comment

What Jake wrote.

Pricing them at $1 each makes them more valuable as gifts.
        Timm Turrentine

Brewerywright,
        Terminal Gravity Brewing,
        Enterprise. Oregon.

Comment

My buddy just came in to town and we went to a few breweries, everywhere we went they charged a buck or two for stickers and he sometimes bought one. One place had free stickers so he took three (one for his laptop, one for a friend, and one for another random place). Everyplace that we went to that you had to pay he complained about, as did I. It just seems cheap to charge someone to advertise for you. If it's a hat or a shirt at least they get something in return, but just a sticker is purely advertising.

People may say he took three stickers and that's why you should charge, but the stickers that he paid for are sitting in his pile of photos and stuff he needs to organize (You know the pile, the one that goes back years and will never be used) because he doesn't want to waste them since he paid for them. However the place that gave him free stickers now has everyone that's near him see it every time he uses his laptop, and his friend has a bar and that sticker is somewhere pasted in his bar (he didn't give that guy any other stickers).

I don't think that pricing them at a buck makes them valuable as gifts because most people assume that stickers are given free as a promotion, and for people that know it costs a buck a sticker it's not really all that great to know that the present or souvenir someone got you was just a buck.

You may lose a few cents giving them away, but the advertising is well worth it. Besides, there should be something that your customers can have for free if they want to show off how much they like your brewery. Don't charge your customers to advertise for you.

Comment

It is just matter of perspective. We used to have free stickers and nobody wanted them. Now we charge a buck and people buy them. Do what you think is right for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

haha, people are odd, I guess more people only think something has value if you tell them it does. I always take a free sticker, but I'm pretty cheap also. Either way I do like giving one away with the purchase of other stuff.

Comment

Working...
              X