Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chemicals At Brewery

Hey,

We're opening a 7 BBL brewery and are attempting to fill out forms for our life safety permit and were wondering the quantity/type of chemicals that you guys have on hand at any given time.

Any help is much appreciated.

Cheers,
    Dustin Baker

Owner/Brewer
    Roadmap Brewing Co.
    San Antonio, TX

Originally posted by DBakes15 View Post
    Hey,

We're opening a 7 BBL brewery and are attempting to fill out forms for our life safety permit and were wondering the quantity/type of chemicals that you guys have on hand at any given time.

Any help is much appreciated.

Cheers,
    Most people around here use Lerapur 283, KMS-10 and PAA from Loeffler for CIP. SYN-CO also has their own brand similar to those and they’re local. 55 gallon drums of each will keep you supplied for a good while. They also sell smaller quantities. For exterior cleaning you’ll want a chlorinated alkaline foamer and a foaming sanitizer. 5 gallons of each will last you a few months. For wort production, depending on the strength, you’ll want to keep at least 20 gallons of acid on hand. There’s several types you can use, each with their own advantages and disadvantages. If you have any other questions or need advice I can be reached at zach@drinkrangercreek.com or just swing by the brewery.

Cheers,

Zach Wolfe

Comment

Loeffler stuff is awesome. You can also source Birko, and I believe they teamed up with brewers supply group not too long back. 5 Star is also a popular choice. Ecolab is one more manufacturer.

We hold sodium hydroxide, PAA (with h2o2), isopropyl, nitric/phos blend, lactic, phosphoric, sodium metasilicate, and probably a handful of others. Volumes range from 55gal to 5gal buckets. Personally I avoid everything chlorinated in my brewery. If it is heated too hot it can release free chlorine (bad for stainless). Some swear by it, but I’ve never needed it myself.

Comment

Working...
      X