Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Remote access based fermentation solutions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remote access based fermentation solutions?

I'm looking for a a temperature management solution for my fermenters that I can access remotely. I have redundant internet, VPN and redundant servers to run it all. I don't need anything too fancy, I just need to be able to schedule in temperatures to run automatically.

I've looked at a few hardware based solutions from brewmation and prochiller but neither are quite what I am looking for. The brewmation setup is good but it adds up in price with expansions as one unit can only manage 8 tanks IIRC.

I looked at tank net, cool stuff but looks pricey.

I looked at chiller Tron. Made an enquiry.

You can build your own raspberry pi boxes but it's clunky and not reliable enough for a commercial Brewery in my opinion.

Ryan at CraftAutomation or Dwight at Controlbrewcontrol.com.

You’ll have to pay some - my guess is around 5k - or get real slick with Pi programming and building.

-J.
    Jeremy Reed
    Co-Founder and President, assistant brewer, amateur electrician, plumber, welder, refrigeration tech, and intermediately swell fella
    The North of 48 Brewing Company
    Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

www.no48.ca

Comment

Check out automation direct. They have interface software that looks easy enough to program. Don't know what the associated costs will be but you're not launching rockets, just checking some temperatures and opening some valves.

Our brewhouse has a touch screen controller with programing capability. Was all build using automation direct parts (just not by me).

Comment

Thanks guys I will look into those. I have the brewmation Brewhouse with the control panel. I think they want around 5k for the brewmation but that's only 8 tanks. So you have to buy another module past 8 which was around another almost the same cost. Too expensive for my budget.

The panel is built on something standard like Siemens.

The rockets comment was funny.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi View Post
          Thanks guys I will look into those. I have the brewmation Brewhouse with the control panel. I think they want around 5k for the brewmation but that's only 8 tanks. So you have to buy another module past 8 which was around another almost the same cost. Too expensive for my budget.

The panel is built on something standard like Siemens.

The rockets comment was funny.
          5k is the cover charge to get into the features your seeking.

Unless you’re a network/code/elec tech guru, pay someone else and be done with it. Focus on making beer.
          Jeremy Reed
          Co-Founder and President, assistant brewer, amateur electrician, plumber, welder, refrigeration tech, and intermediately swell fella
          The North of 48 Brewing Company
          Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

www.no48.ca

Comment

SECOMEA SITE MANAGER WITH PLC +HMI would be a solution

Comment

Working...
            X