Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you do with your neutral / spent barrels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you do with your neutral / spent barrels?

Seems like I go through the same frustrating dance every year once the whiskey barrels I'd been aging beer in become neutralized of trying to find a buyer or anyone to take the barrels off of my hands. I don't have any use for sour barrel production. So what is it y'all do with your spent barrels?

I screwed four caster wheel to the top of a pallet for a cutting jig for kegs and barrels. I use that to cut the barrels in half and sell them as planters. I move them in a day or two at most at $25 each. Maybe cheap, but the spent barrels are gone and we make something from it.
    Timm Turrentine

Brewerywright,
    Terminal Gravity Brewing,
    Enterprise. Oregon.

Comment

You can make some pretty cool benches and end tables. Attached is a bench i made with a jack daniels barrel. Or just put more clean beer in them.

Click image for larger version

Name:	6E58C9D7-517D-43B4-92D3-363AC7C68831.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	191601

Comment

Not sure how many times you used them, but they’re good for a few runs. Diminishing whiskey flavor, sure, but great oak flavor. Could always age the same beer in 1/2/3 year old barrels and experiment with blending, too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Junkyard View Post
          You can make some pretty cool benches and end tables. Attached is a bench i made with a jack daniels barrel. Or just put more clean beer in them.

[ATTACH]56163[/ATTACH]

That's beautiful!

Comment

If you are into BBQ they make great smoking wood. I use them in my big smoker and cut into chunks for my smaller barrel smoker. I have had good luck selling them on Craigslist as is for 50-75$. Another local Brewery made tap handles out of them.

Comment

I post them for sale on Craigslist for $100 each. Leaves me some room to come down in price.

Comment

I like the benches, I went with some tables myself.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Barrel.jpg
Size:	96.1 KB
ID:	191619Click image for larger version

Name:	Barrel1.jpg
Size:	97.4 KB
ID:	191620

Comment

Working...
                X