Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any luck good or bad sponsoring sport teams?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any luck good or bad sponsoring sport teams?

New brewery opened for one month (so far so good!). We’ve been approached by a local softball team, in a prominent league, to sponsor them. They go all over the state, etc., reaching what sounds like a lot of people’s eyeballs. The cost for the first year, New Jersey’s, etc. is less than a nice add in a local foodie paper for one month! Subsequent years are cheaper.
    Anyone out there have any experience doing this? Worth it, not, etc.
    Seems like the name exposure for the dollars is much greater than print and radio. We also get to host thirsty softball players for their team events.

Appreciate any feedback.

Leo Foy
    Dog River Brewery
    Berlin, VT

Originally posted by leosbeer View Post
    New brewery opened for one month (so far so good!). We’ve been approached by a local softball team, in a prominent league, to sponsor them. They go all over the state, etc., reaching what sounds like a lot of people’s eyeballs. The cost for the first year, New Jersey’s, etc. is less than a nice add in a local foodie paper for one month! Subsequent years are cheaper.
    Anyone out there have any experience doing this? Worth it, not, etc.
    Seems like the name exposure for the dollars is much greater than print and radio. We also get to host thirsty softball players for their team events.

Appreciate any feedback.

Leo Foy
    Dog River Brewery
    Berlin, VT

Just a follow up in case anyone is interested in how this went for us: overall it went well, and was fun to see a bunch of guys running around with our jerseys at games and tournaments. Not the windfall that we hoped for but we were the only team that had a brewery selling beer at the state tournament, that was cool. We gained one regular customer and of course a bunch of notoriety. Cost was about $2k I think? Next year is probably half because jerseys are bought already. I think however we might not continue when they want new jerseys down the road. 10 months in to this I have to say that the most cost effective marketing for us so far has been sm blitz when I put out a new beer, live music, and the time tested local word of mouth affect, local events, etc. good beer is essential but it’s the easiest thing among all the other crap. Best for us? Being the only brewery in 20 mile radius and having a very unique to the area venue. I can see that regular and real food will be a big deal, just gotta build a kitchen...
    There ya go...

DRB

Comment

Good info, thanks for the follow up!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
      X