Satisfied with Purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Satisfied with Purchase

After some scrutiny and shopping around we decided to purchase the entirety of our brewhouse equipment from Shandong Tiantai Beer Equipment Co (formerly Jinan Tiantai) in China. Their prices were extremely competitive. They continually met the milestones provided in their timelines. And communication was very easy and proactive. In case anyone was shopping around, we just wanted to provide Shandong Tiantai as an option. Cheers!

That's oddly specific. What brewery are you with?

Comment

How is the equipment? Customer service is great, doesn't make up for crap equipment.

Comment

We are Pressure Drop Brewing out of Buffalo, NY. We have been in production since November 1, 2017 and all of the equipment works great - no issues. Any minor damages (i.e. tear in a manway gasket) have been replaced by the company right away.

Comment

Originally posted by pressuredrpbrw View Post
          We are Pressure Drop Brewing out of Buffalo, NY. We have been in production since November 1, 2017 and all of the equipment works great - no issues. Any minor damages (i.e. tear in a manway gasket) have been replaced by the company right away.
          Did you purchase direct? I know a couple local brewery owners (well one former brewery owner) who now sell Chinese made brewing equipment.. Its apparently more profitable than brewing as used equipment seems to often sell for more than new from what Ive found.
          The system we were quoted from one was very nice and competitively priced but we didnt have the space for it unfortunately. That said we are happy so far with the equipment we did purchase as well.
          Last edited by augiedoggy; 02-01-2018, 11:15 AM.

Comment

Yes, we purchased the equipment directly from Shandong in China.

Comment

Bought from them a 2000L brewhouse in 2016 and was so please that I ordered a smaller one (300L) 2017 when I started my own brewery, the 300L have not arrived yet. Very good communication and great quality, are you about to buy vessels or a brewery from China you should contact them to compare the quality.

Cheers

Mattias

Comment

We used sungood ourselves and though the customs bit was a bit confusing since we had never dealt with something like that before, It still came out to be thousands of dollars less than if we had bought it elsewhere and the experience was also very positive.
                Every penny counts at this stage and we were surprised to see most who were selling these same kettles used were asking for more than we paid new.. This seems to be common though if you take the time to break down the prices of the "used systems" and I can only guess this is from supply and demand and peoples fears to deal directly with china themselves..

Comment

My equipment docks this week

I'm setting up a startup with a 2 vessel 15bbl brewhouse and (4) 30 bbl FVs from Jinan right now. Equipment is scheduled to dock on Friday! pressuredrpbrwy, any advice/issues/warnings for me? Not sure what to expect as I was brought into the project just recently (long after the equipment purchase) and haven't had any communication with the manufacturer.

Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kent View Post
                    I'm setting up a startup with a 2 vessel 15bbl brewhouse and (4) 30 bbl FVs from Jinan right now. Equipment is scheduled to dock on Friday! pressuredrpbrwy, any advice/issues/warnings for me? Not sure what to expect as I was brought into the project just recently (long after the equipment purchase) and haven't had any communication with the manufacturer.

Cheers!
                    Once the equipment docks you'll work with a customs broker to 'receive' the equipment from the ship. If they haven't already, Jinan can provide some contact information for a broker. Then the broker will work with a freight carrier to deliver your equipment to your brewery door! It was all very smooth, given how many moving pieces there were and different entities to deal with.

Comment

Thankfully, the ownership group here has brought in 100's of containers through customs so getting the containers through is the one problem I don't have to worry about! Pressuredrpbrw - sent you a pm.

Comment

China equipment

Originally posted by pressuredrpbrw View Post
                        After some scrutiny and shopping around we decided to purchase the entirety of our brewhouse equipment from Shandong Tiantai Beer Equipment Co (formerly Jinan Tiantai) in China. Their prices were extremely competitive. They continually met the milestones provided in their timelines. And communication was very easy and proactive. In case anyone was shopping around, we just wanted to provide Shandong Tiantai as an option. Cheers!
                        We also purchased equipment from Shandong Tiantai for 2 different breweries. The customer service is great and we are happy with the quality of the equipment. We first visited their factory in June 2014 and we took delivery of a 15 BBL brewhouse and a 4 BBL brewhouse/pilot system along with fermentors and brite tanks in December of 2014. We also referred our cousin, who is also a brewer at the Wellsboro House in PA. He purchased a 10 BBL brewhouse and cellar equipment in 2015. To date, we know he's been happy with his equipment, too. Just recently, we decided to open a brewery in FL.(Good Liquid Brewing Co.) We knew Shandong Tiantai would be the right choice. We ordered an 8 BBL and 3 BBL brewhouse with all the cellar equipment/tanks. We've been open for 3 months and so far everything is fantastic. We highly recommend Shandong Tiantai for all your brewery equipment. If you have any questions or want some pics hit me up.

Cheers Mike
                        Good Liquid Brewing.

Comment

Working...
                        X