Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winery and Distillery Operation adding a Brewery

Greetings!

If interested in more information, please submit your cover letter and resume to info@oldhousevineyards.com - We look forward to hearing from you.

The job posting we have is for a head brewer who will be responsible for all aspects of production and will ideally someone who can grow with us. Our model focuses primarily on bringing customers to our location with limited keg distribution to local restaurants (no wide-scale bottle or can distribution). Further details about specific job responsibilities will be discussed when emailed. The space below will be used to give a brief overview of our operation.

We are a family owned and operated winery and distillery located in Culpeper, VA (Old House Vineyards) and we are in the process of opening a brewery on site as well. The building is currently going up and the equipment (10bbl system) should be arriving and installed in late March. Old House Vineyards is an agro-tourism business in every sense. We also believe that there is an education factor when it comes to drinking a beverage (wine, beer, and spirits). How did I come to enjoy the product I am currently sipping on? What did it take to get it in my hand? There is a history and a story behind every style.

The winery was established in 1998 and currently has 30 acres under vine spread across six varietals (Vidal Blanc, Chardonnay, Viognier, Cabernet Franc, Chambourcin, and Petit Verdot) and we produce approximately 4000 cases per year sold almost entirely from the winery tasting room.

The Distillery opened Father's Day in 2015. We currently produce a Vodka from grapes (actually grape skins), a Virginia version of a Tequila, and an assortment of different rums, with our first brandy on the way.

The Brewery is currently going up and hopefully will be in operation Summer 2018. When complete, it will be a high-end Irish Pub with a pavilion for events. We currently have 16 acres of winter barley planted (not the responsibility of the brewer) and we will be planting hops this spring (hopefully the brewer will be interested in this part). Ideal candidates will have a blend of a brewing experience on a 5bbl (preferable 10bbl) or larger system and a science-related educational background.

We are a all hands on deck operation and have high expectations for those who join us. We look forward to hearing from the next member of our team!

Best,

Ryan

Winery, Distillery, AND Brewery?! Guess I know where my next vacation is...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
    X