No announcement yet.

DIY keg washer pump sizing???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just bought one of these on ebay. The seller had a make an offer button or a buy it now button. I got one for $295 including shipping. Seems like a good gamble to me.

Comment

I used a 1HP AMT stainless steel pump from Pump Catalog when I build my semi-automatic washer. I wanna say it was around $400. Its probably a little overpowered and a 3/4 HP would have been plenty.

Comment

Originally posted by HogMountain View Post
        And that is the 110v pump?
        yes .750hp

Comment

I just bought one of these on ebay. The seller had a make an offer button or a buy it now button. I got one for $295 including shipping. Seems like a good gamble to me.
          I got the option of a one or 2 year warranty for $15 which I took as well.

Comment

Mine arrived yesterday. At least it is packed well. I won't know how it performs for a while. The pump head probably needs to be passivated after cleaning it.

Comment

Nice! Is this for a keg washer or CIP?

Comment

Originally posted by Automatic12pro View Post
                Nice! Is this for a keg washer or CIP?
                Honestly, I have not decided. But more than likely CIP.

Comment

Honestly, I have not decided. But more than likely CIP.
                  looks just mine except I have the model with the handle and switch on wheels.

Comment

Originally posted by augiedoggy View Post
                    looks just mine except I have the model with the handle and switch on wheels.
                    When something comes in a wooden box, you just feel better about it. Kinda like a large leg lamp. The box/crate did not say fra-gee-lee so it has to be a heavy duty pump, right?

Comment

Here's mine Just started building the frame for the keg washer last night.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0693.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	92.5 KB
ID:	191781
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0692.jpg
Size:	77.2 KB
ID:	191782

Comment

I don't know if any of you guys watch HarryBrew69 on youtube, but check out this video. At about 1:15 you see his simple cask cleaning setup. I imagine the same thing can be done using a 3 compartment stainless sink and 2-3 of these $300 ebay pumps. You would not need the CIP balls for regular kegs. For just over a $1.2k you would have a powerful, manual keg washer and could clean/rinse/sanitize more 3 kegs simultaneously (keg 1 cleaning/keg 2 rinsing/keg 3 sanitizing). It sounds simple but I'm sure there is a flaw there somewhere...

How we cask ale at Harrison's Brewery.Buy Me A Beer https://www.patreon.com/harrybrew69MERCH http://stores.clothes2order.com/the-merch-store/Thanks for watch...

Basin with legs and braces. 1" wide drip channel surrounding all 3 bowls. Sturdy - Galvanized legs with adjustable non-marring feet and cross leg braces for added stability that eliminates wobble on uneven floors.

Comment

When something comes in a wooden box, you just feel better about it. Kinda like a large leg lamp. The box/crate did not say fra-gee-lee so it has to be a heavy duty pump, right?
                          lol, nice..

Comment

That's actually how I plan to hook my keg washer! Originally I was going to make this monstrous keg washer with tanks but now I'm just building a mobile cart that hooks up to an old 3 bay sink. I'll fill the three bays with water, sani, and caustic. Hook up my intake to the sink drain and recirculate back into the sani and caustic bays to recycle. When its not in use I can use it as a normal sink. Also makes the footprint of the kegwasher way less. 20"X48".

Comment

Made some more progress... painted the frame, connected all of the pneumatics, wired most of it, and mounted the control box. Just have to mount some buttons, HMI, and drill some holes in an old three-bay sink. Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Size:	77.3 KB
ID:	191786Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Size:	80.1 KB
ID:	191787Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Size:	65.8 KB
ID:	191788Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Size:	97.9 KB
ID:	191789

Comment

Originally posted by Automatic12pro View Post
                                Made some more progress... painted the frame, connected all of the pneumatics, wired most of it, and mounted the control box. Just have to mount some buttons, HMI, and drill some holes in an old three-bay sink. [ATTACH]63941[/ATTACH][ATTACH]63942[/ATTACH][ATTACH]63943[/ATTACH][ATTACH]63944[/ATTACH]
                                very nice!

Comment

Working...
                                X