Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Remote/ Wifi temperature controller for glycol chiller?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gitchegumee View Post
    You don't need fancy apps or additional complicated equipment to reduce possibility of jacket temps going high. If you have a decent temperature controller, then all you need to do is integrate a permissive into your control circuit. If a set point of your glycol isn't met, then it will not allow your tank solenoids to open. Super helpful for those with 2-stage heat exchangers--when the glycol warms, the controllers defeat cooling to the fermenters/BBTs.
    This is very true (we dont need fancy shiny equipment either) But the apps and being able to see whats going on remotely does have advantages.. Hardware can and does fail and this way you can still see that earlier than when you walk in the following day what if that glycol temp isnt met because the chiller fails, valve sticks or a line develops a bad leak on a monday and no one will be there till wednesday? Plus you ability to for ramping temp schedules and see how hard your chiller is actually working can be nice.

Everyones scenerio can vary thats why we have options thankfully..

BTW its not really a "fancy" setup (It cost me under $250 to build and control my conicals at home) To me its just a tool with more features and possibly uses. No different that other "fancy complicated apps" like beersmith helps me make better beer
    Last edited by augiedoggy; 02-14-2018, 06:36 AM.

Comment

I had a need to monitor, not control temps on my Chiller. It has an unexplainable habit of crashing when the ambient is around 50 degrees. I found a portable unit called Digi-Sense Traceable Live. It has multiple sensor types and you can monitor lots of different locations with the software. There is a $8 monthly charge for the login, now I get and email and text when my temp is out of my alarm set points. I sleep better now. Cheers.
      Last edited by BrewinLou; 02-20-2018, 09:42 AM.
      Joel Halbleib
      Partner / Zymurgist
      Hive and Barrel Meadery
      6302 Old La Grange Rd
      Crestwood, KY
      www.hiveandbarrel.com

Comment

Originally posted by BrewinLou View Post
        I have a need to monitor, not control temps on my Chiller, it has an unexplainable habit of crashing when the ambient is around 50 degrees. I found a portable unit called Digi-Sense Traceable. I has multiple sensor types and you can monitor lots of different locations with the software. There is a $8 monthly charge for the login, now I get and email and text when my temp is out of my alarm set points. I sleep better now. Cheers.
        I am looking for a temp monitoring solution for multiple temp probes. The Digi-Sense traceable sounds interesting. Can you send a link to the unit you have? Or what is the model number?

Comment

The company is here https://traceable.com/ . You can do a search on amazon for Traceable Live, it is Model 650 with the bullet probes. Works great, wish it had a plugin power option, other than that it is a perfect solution. Good lord forgive my grammar on that post. Must have had beer in hand. Haha Fixed it.
          Last edited by BrewinLou; 02-20-2018, 09:43 AM.
          Joel Halbleib
          Partner / Zymurgist
          Hive and Barrel Meadery
          6302 Old La Grange Rd
          Crestwood, KY
          www.hiveandbarrel.com

Comment

Working...
          X