oxygen permeability of sankey kegs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oxygen permeability of sankey kegs

While I know the SS is zero, what type of gasket material is typically used? Anyone have any numbers, before I go ahead and do the math?

Thanks

So long as the seals aren't silicone, the permeability coefficient is fairly low. In practice, we have seen for all intents, zero TPO pickup from beer in kegs out to 6 months. This is a rare thing for us to test since we do not have kegs that last that long frequently. In fact, we held onto it for some worst case stability testing. If you are having oxygen issues, it is far more likely that it is the keg purge or some other process that is causing it.

Comment

We recently cleaned out the "archive" in our cooler. This was kegs of some of our big beers, some going back almost twenty years. We sampled each keg to determine its fate--toss it or serve it. While there were some changes in flavor, good, bad, and indifferent, there was no evidence of oxidation.
      Timm Turrentine

Brewerywright,
      Terminal Gravity Brewing,
      Enterprise. Oregon.

Comment

Originally posted by TGTimm View Post
        We recently cleaned out the "archive" in our cooler. This was kegs of some of our big beers, some going back almost twenty years. We sampled each keg to determine its fate--toss it or serve it. While there were some changes in flavor, good, bad, and indifferent, there was no evidence of oxidation.

I would like to hear more about this fun event.

Comment

Working...
        X