filteration for packaging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• filteration for packaging

We are in the process of finding the right filtration system for a consistent product. We have had some issues with random cans with excessive in our New England IPA, we have been using a stand pipe in our bright with better success but every once in a while, some yeast sneaks through.
    I have been out of the filtration game for over a decade and we are in the beginning stages of expansion from 30s to 60s, our hope is to move to a centrifuge in the future, but we need a solution in the meantime. Our goal with filtration is remove yeast and other suspended solids but keeping the character haze of the beer without the random can of yeast.
    I am familiar with DE filters, would you have any suggestions on type and size or possibly alternatives?

Cheers and thank you,
    Mark Duchow
    Short Fuse Brewing Co.

Originally posted by Short Fuse View Post
    We are in the process of finding the right filtration system for a consistent product. We have had some issues with random cans with excessive in our New England IPA, we have been using a stand pipe in our bright with better success but every once in a while, some yeast sneaks through.
    I have been out of the filtration game for over a decade and we are in the beginning stages of expansion from 30s to 60s, our hope is to move to a centrifuge in the future, but we need a solution in the meantime. Our goal with filtration is remove yeast and other suspended solids but keeping the character haze of the beer without the random can of yeast.
    I am familiar with DE filters, would you have any suggestions on type and size or possibly alternatives?

Cheers and thank you,
    Mark Duchow
    Short Fuse Brewing Co.
    Hi Mark,
    It sounds like you are wanting to polish filter your beers versus sterile filter. A plate and frame filter would do just that, remove the majority of solids but allow a percentage of yeast to remain. I would use a filter pad with a very loose porosity rating, 7 micron and up.
    Prost!
    Dave
    Glacier Brewing Company
    406-883-2595
    info@glacierbrewing.com

"who said what now?"

Comment

Filtration System

We are looking into getting something in place as well. Looking at Chemseal (Trynox) filter systems with dual overlays - and not too pricey.

Comment

Working...
      X