Part-gyle Recipes and how to submit them to the TTB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Part-gyle Recipes and how to submit them to the TTB

We are soon to start the TTB and other licensing process and I have a few questions about formula submissions:

Two of our beers rely on the partigyle method of production. We have yet to make this on our pilot system as we don't have it yet so don't really have any firm numbers.

How do we submit these two recipes to the TTB?

Do our r&d formula beers (not our initial lineup beers) made once we are up and running, need to be approved the the TTB before we sell them?

Thanks a bunch for any information.

Richie Bednarski
    Co-Head Brewer
    Zephyr Hive Brewing Company

Full disclosure: not a lawyer, and we're in Colorado, so it may be different for you.

That said, Colorado doesn't require any TTB paperwork for formulations or COLAs, we only run into needing them as soon as we send beer across state lines. Until then, the TTB doesn't have jurisdiction.

Some states, however, use the TTB paperwork as their in-state process. I imagine a call to the state will answer the question. At least in CO, our liquor enforcement people are all pretty helpful.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Comment

What about for your Brewer's notice?

Did you have to submit recipes with your Brewers Notice application?

Comment

Nope, you'll submit recipes (formulations, actually) separately before your COLAs.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
        X