Remote Temperature Monitoring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remote Temperature Monitoring

Does anyone have a suggestion for an economical way to monitor temps on fermentation and brite tanks remotely? Basically I would like to either tie into my current temp probe/controller, or utilize the second thermowell on each tank, to pull up the temps on my phone. I would also like to be able to monitor if I lose power to my glycol system. I recently was away for several days and during that time power went out to the building taking my glycol pumps offline. They stayed off the entire time I was gone letting the tanks warm up. Had I been aware I could have had someone stop by and reset.

Not looking to control remotely, just monitor to be aware of similar situations so I can take action. Thanks!

Here's a recent thread on this:

I recently found a very inexpensive "smart home cloud" app that looked promising (with text message alerting), but I can't find the damn link at the moment.

However, I've heard of people using a simple webcam that points at the chiller panel. You can log in and see the thing any time you want.

But an ideal solution would notify you if something went out of spec. I have an alarm system from AT&T, and they have both temperature and flood detectors available. A flood detector for the floor and a refrigeration type temperature monitor for the glycol (or your walk-in) would be some cheap peace of mind. For some reason they do charge a bit more each month if you use either of these features. :/

Regards,
    Mike

Comment

Thank you Mike I appreciate the information.

Comment

Working...
      X